The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #26
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Crank Wankel - RX7

I replaced all the brake parts front and rear. They work but there is some chatter in the brake pedal I can't get rid of. Not like from a warped drum or rotor, but a faster vibration you can feel in the seat and pedal. Also can't find the source of a metal to metal sound from the rear that only comes up occasionally. I saw where a drum was rubbing the backing plate and I thought I had it corrected, but since I'm still getting the noise, I'm not sure. I can't find any play in the axle or other problems back there.

I found another RX in a junkyard and gutted the entire interior out of it. Its from an 83 and was nicer overall. I also got a passenger window regulator and a few other parts from it cuz mine was shot.

Other than that I haven't worked on it a lot. There have been a few reasons. My son is now in auto body school and we have talked about him using it as a school project. Also I have been talking to a guy that has a 47 oldsmobile thats basically a roller and he's a mazda fan. We are working on a trade. His car plus $1000 for my mazda.

I'm just not in love with this car. My plan originally was to fix it up a bit and sell it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #27
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

The guy with the olds stopped by my place yesterday to see the car. Definitely wants it. So maybe this trade will happen soon.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #28
tune_1

If you do the trade you need to start a thread on here of all that you have to do.

Thanks
Dwight
tune_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #29
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

The trade did finally happen. I got this 47 Oldsmobile plus $900 for my mazda. I'm not starting any build thread on it yet. It might be another year or 2 before I start on it. Once I do I'll share it. My plan is to swap the body onto an early 2000's Denali or escalade chassis. AWD modern drivetrain. Will try to use as much of the donor vehicle as possible.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 AM   #30
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

That's gonna be a cool ride....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote