The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #1
Billett

Re: Project Texa Go

Man, has it been a while. Unfortunately not a lot has happened in the past year for the poor girl. She really got pushed back. Like Chevymann all of my projects were put on hold for a down payment on a house. We recently moved to Columbus because I got a job as a Quality Engineer at the Honda plant here in Marysville. For a while we were just recouping after the move, but we found a house we really liked and needed to save some money. We'll close on Tuesday so hopefully I can start putting some money away every month to go towards all the vehicles.

Upside is that the new place has a 30x75 pole barn! I'll have a two post set up in there in no time! The plan is to put my money towards making the barn a little easier to work in first since there's no insulation and it's got a dirt/gravel floor. Once It's warm and flat inside It'll be a lot nicer to do some wrenching. Until then I'll really only do minor work.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:42 AM   #2
Chevymann1968

Man it's glad to hear from you. A lot has transpired since the last update. I actually closed on a house 2 weeks ago. It also has a shop not quite as large as yours but it's do able. It's 20 by 30. Once we get settled in I will try to start up my project. I've decided to do a turboed 5.3 for my engine. I plan on going to pull a part and do a junk yard build. But here is a picture I took of the shop. The wall to the right of the truck will be coming out so I can get the full 30' of the shop.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Chevymann1968 is offline   Reply With Quote