The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

Has anyone used a door skin roller???

THE SKINNER TM
Door Panel Installation Tool
Part No. TH15.000

The Skinner cuts new door panel installation time by installing door panels without doing damage to the outside of the new skin.

The Skinner when used with a 3/8" hand rachet and 3" extension, will fold the new door panel lip over in one easy operation. This tool floats on a "Teflon" type material, eliminating any outer panel damage. The drive roller is completely adjustable to compensate for the various differences in door skin thickness. Caulking material can be inserted into the fold before it is flanged, avoiding future rust problems. With the use of this tool, there is no need to use plastic filler on the panel to eliminate hammer and dolly marks. Drive roller along with folding rollers are heat treated and built to last a lifetime.

The low cost of this tool is far less than a new replacement door panel. The savings from grinding discs alone, not to mention the time and plastic filler saved, will more than pay for this tool in a very short time. The Skinner is made in the U.S.A. and is a true work of art.
Attached Images

67Fleetsidedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
Russell
Professional Grade

Looks awesome!

Teflon is a super slippery stuff that they use on your pots and pans etc if you didn't know, it would rather slide out of the way than wreck the metal...
Old 01-15-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
>X<
registered IWATA user

i asked about this a while back on the paint and body forum and the reply from the experts was that "it takes just as much time to master this tool as it does to master the hammer and dolly method". i've done numerous skins, and by the 3rd or fourth one its second nature. i'll probably end up buying this tool anyway, seems cool, and you can never have too many tools. so to answer your question, no, i havent ever used it, so my reply was pointless

Take off that Von Dutch hat before i stab you with a 000 Mack.
>X< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:58 PM   #4
chiphayes

i bought one similar about 8 years ago,used it once.disliked it.it did to much damage and had to be filled. can do just as good with hammer and dolly.if i knew where i threw it i would give it to you. just my 2cents
chiphayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

that looks like a cool tool i would buy one but like the other guy said any tool will take to get used to

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 11:38 AM   #6
HuggerCST

Cool! I wonder how much $$$? Do you have the website or know where I can buy one?
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:55 PM   #7
StingRay

Never used one but on highly curved panels or panels with detail lines I'd bet you'd be using a hammer and dolly for half of it anyway.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:39 PM   #8
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

Here is the link to Wivco http://www.wivco.com/
They make all kinds of body working tools and gadgets.
67Fleetsidedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 05:36 PM   #9
sider68

Has anyone one used a foreskin roller?:p :p
sider68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:53 PM   #10
BLACK AND BLUE 67-72
Firefighter

Snap-On makes one like that also. Part# YA215A $117.30 I don't know if these things really work or not, it would sure be nice if they did, but they are kinda proud of it though.
Yellville, Ar. USA

BLACK AND BLUE 67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote