The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
jeffg1010

Tough Economy = Burb on the Market?

Well, I may have picked a bad time to be starting a business. But over the past year, that's what I've done. So, it has been slowly coming around and business is picking up, but I am facing the inevitable. If I want to get back in the black, I need to make some changes.

And those changes may come in the form of a "For Sale" sign on the Burb. A few weeks back, I picked up a Toyota Camry to absorb some of the daily driving duties and I got a Blazer a couple months back to fulfill my old car needs.

But, if I want to get my company on track, I think I need the capital.

So... what do ya think it's worth?

I've had it on the road since February of 2010. When I bought it a lot of the hard work was done. The body swap/paint/body/and all electronics were functional. I just finished it up. AND made it practical at the same time.

It's a great truck, and I HATE to get rid of it, but if I ever want to have anything for my kids, this is a change I have to make.

To give you an idea of it's dependability...
Over the summer, it pulled our 30' camper to Myrtle Beach, SC twice, Asheboro Campground twice and Mocksville once. It also made the 11 hour trip to West Palm Beach last January, and it's going to make that trip again this coming Sunday. It'll go ANYWHERE and I trust it would have no problems. I think I put around 13,000 miles on it last year. In my opinion, this is the perfect daily driver because it fits the family, is nostalgic and draws attention everywhere it goes. You can show it at cruise in's or big shows. It's carried home it's fair share of trophies. But at the same time, it'll haul the mower, the boat, the camper or even a Bobcat if necessary. It is just DAMN cool.

I am gonna throw out a few of the mods and I would prefer if you PM me your opinion of it's value.

• Body: 1970 Chevrolet Suburban C20 with barn doors
• Chassis: Low Mileage 2000 Chevrolet Suburban ¾ ton two wheel drive chassis (approx 75-80k miles on drivetrain)
• Engine: Chevrolet 350 5.7 Liter Vortec V8 Engine
• Transmission: Four Speed Automatic 4L80E
• Rear End: 14 Bolt with 9 1/2” Ring Gear
• Paint: Nason’s Acrylic Enamel- White-521/ Orange-526 (Used on ‘69-74 GM Trucks)
• Fuel Mileage: 11 MPG City/ 13 MPG Highway

Modern conveniences
• Anti-Lock Brakes
• Fuel Injection
• Power Steering & Power Brakes
• Limited Slip Rear Differential
• Tow Package w/ 10,000 lb Tow Capacity
• Dakota™ Digital Dash
• Vintage Air™ Sure Fit™ Gen-II System
• 12.1” Flip Down Overhead DVD/Entertainment Center (rotates 180 degrees)
• Three rows of leather seats from a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban –seating for eight
• Heated Power Lumbar Leather Driver and Passenger Seats
• 400W Eight Speaker Stereo with Built-in H.D. Radio & Sirius™ Satellite Radio
• Plays CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 and WMA formats
• Two 10" Single-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer
• Four 5-1/4" 3-Way Speakers with Polypropylene Cones
• Two 6" x 9" 3-Way Speakers with Polypropylene Cones
• 20” Ultra™ Motorsports chrome 8-lug rims w/ Goodyear Eagle GT Tires
• Custom built rear subwoofer/speaker/spare tire/storage enclosures

-and I custom built the headliner. And it also has trailer light hookup and trailer brakes. The only thing that really needs done is the interior was never painted. It needs sanded and painted. It's white, but it was not a good job.

So... a few pics. (and yeah, if I sell this one, I am certain the maroon one is next, it's my dads)

So... let me know. Like I said, I'd prefer PM's
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...

Last edited by jeffg1010; 01-13-2012 at 09:51 PM.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: Tough Economy = Burb on the Market?

Dang!!!....I hate to see this, but completely understand Jeff!!!....Good luck with your decision

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
jeffg1010

Re: Tough Economy = Burb on the Market?

haha, Geoff. I've had the auction listing completed for 2 days, open as a tab in the background on my screen and I haven't hit "LIST YOUR ITEM" I even went back twice and raised the price, thinking "if it doesn't sell..." We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.
I could sure get one heck of a start on that Blazer if I sold it though...
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote