The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2021, 09:55 PM   #1
Ironhorse

Mr & Mrs. Ironhorse-50 Years

Had not mentioned it before as it was upcoming but this past Saturday June 5th the Mrs. and I celebrated our 50th anniversary together. Not too bad for a young couple that met on a blind date way back in '71. She was 17 and I was 22, boy where did the time go. As all couples do we had issues and had our moments but we worked thru them because we wanted to. Since it was the 50th we splurged more than our normal weekend anniversary get-away. Rented a mid-size SUV and headed out to Colorado for a week. Durango to be specific, to ride the Durango/Silverton narrow gauge rail. Had a real blast, Old time steam engine, open gondola and 3 1/2 hour 45 mile trip one way thru some beautiful scenery. Will post a few more pics as I get them down loaded from my cellphone. I'm slow at that being technically challenged as I am, LOL.

First pics are some old classic iron we seen parked around downtown Durango. Since this is a truck board thought would start with trucks, LOL.

First is a mid 30s (?) Ford on a 4WD frame. For Sale in the window no price that I could see. Don't know much about Ford four wheelers but it seemed it was on a 1/2 ton frame. Really a nice looking rig.

Member Rickysnickers ID'd the Ford as a 1939 model, thanks for that Ricky.

Think the Suburban is a 62, not sure. Was on a 3/4 ton 4WD frame with 1/2 ton fender call outs. Body swap for sure. Not show but a nice looking rig that showed it was driven. The front bumper/winch looked like it was built for use. Wish I had checked it out further but the Mrs. was more interested in visiting some of the local shops.

Both were nice looking rigs for the area and looked like they were built to be used on something more than an asphalt parking lot, LOL.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks

Last edited by Ironhorse; 06-09-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added info.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote