The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
Peregrine

Thumbs down Classic Performance Products

This could end up being a rather long post, so I apologize. three months ago I tore my front end apart and discovered I needed some lower control arms rather badly. The only place I could find some was at CCP. I caleld them up and they told me their batch of new ones was bad and they had to send them back but I could buy used ones taht were spec-ed and powdercoated. i was told the new ones would take at least 5 weeks to arrive because of the defect but the refurbished ones could be shipped the next day. Not a bad deal, so I ordered some arms and upper cross shafts. A week later I got my upper cross shafts, but no arms. What gives? Give them a call and the guy tells me the person who sold me the arms was mistaken and it would take 2 weeks from the order date to ship the arms because they made them on a on-demand basis. Ok, I'll give you that. Two weeks later I call and am given another promise of 2 weeks. I just want some control arms, so I give them 3 weeks and call them back and I'm told they are at the powdercoaters and will be shipped as soon as they get back. Yay, I'll get some control arms soon. 2 weeks later, no control arms. They say I'm 6th on the list to get them. WTF? I was told they were at the powdercoaters. If they are at the powdercoaters, it seems logical they are finished and jsut need to be sent. 2 weeks later I call and by this point I have to start throwing weight around, I'd been nothing but nice to them because I know better than to piss off a machinist that holds your parts in the balance. He says 2 weeks and I tell him I don't belive him. Only good news is that because some people want to wait for the new ones, I'm 2nd on the list. I said that if they weren't on a truck in 2 weeks my order was going to be cancled and I would never buy from their company again. Today I call up and I'm told once again that they should be in this week. I cancled my order and it'll be a long time before I even think or ordering from them again. I was nothing but patient and kept getting bull ****ted. It's too bad because they have a lot of cool products. I give the guy on the phone credit because I talked to him nearly everytime I called about them. 2 weeks ago he spent a good amount of time going through the shop and talking to people to try and figure out why I didn't have my arms. I just couldn't let them push me around like that anymore though. I'm now on the hunt for control arms....again. I'm calling board vendors tomorrow and if anyone knows one or is selling lower control arms for a 71-72 C10, PM me please.

Let the world change you and you will change the world.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
ed455
Captain Ed

Yeah, I had a crappy experience with them as well. I don't do business with them anymore either.
ed455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
chevybill

sorry to hear about your bad deals.
i have ordered in excess of $1000 dollars in parts from these guys with no trouble what so ever. several guys are much better than one in particular or maybe he was having a bad day. they need to be more careful in packing orders.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:11 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Alot of these places "farm-out" these procucts or advertise before they are actually produced.This can put them in a bad position with supply/demand sometimes.They just should be honest with the customer.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
70 CST 4X4
Have A Nice Day!

Thumbs down shady CPP

I was looking at CPP's tech articles and noticed something strange. I recognized a Classic Trucks article about Early Classic's rear drop kit. I thought it was interesting that CPP would use their competitors' article, text, and even photos of ECE's employees. So much for integrity!
Front & Rear Disc Brakes
Front & Rear Posi 3.73 Gears
30 Gallon Stainless Fuel Tank
SOLD 01/18 !!!!!
2007 2500 HD Classic Crew Cab LT2 4X4 Duramax LBZ

70 CST 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:57 AM   #6
HotRodGMC68

+1... I've had a disk break conversion kit from CPP sitting in my garage since late june, and this weekend, since I'm going to collage 600 miles away in 2 weeks, would be a good weekend to put the new stuff on, GREAT! no so great... since I've got a 3/4 ton, suspension parts are a pain in the ass to come by... especially if you want drop spindles, there's not such thing. I was told by my current employer, whom I ordered all this s**t from "oh yea, 2" drop spindles, disks, master/booster, it's all there, no problem." I wait 6 weeks for the damn kit to come in to start with because cpp had trouble locating 3/4 ton rotors for the kit, then I get it all home, start looking at parts, and the spindles are stock height... wtf? to my surprise, they dont manufacture drop spindles for 3/4 tons anymore, ok, whatever. so to solve the drop situation... Mr. coil spring, meet Mr. Cut off wheel, hacked a coil out of each side. ok, so it sits good now. I start to get curious, so I pull both of my front wheels and see if the rotors fit in the wheels, well, one did... the other didn't even come close... ****. so I send it back, have the new one in a few days, it fits... barley... ????quality control???? I've done disk break swaps on tri-five chevys in the past and every single one, the proportioning valve has leaked in one place or another, I hope to god that mine seals. the master/booster sticks out 6" from the damn firewall, very hokey in my opinion. the studs in the rotors were bigger then the original drum studs, so I had to go on a wild goose chase for new lug nuts that fit, thank god Discount Tire was willing to help me a half hour after they closed. so the new lug nuts, heh, they're twice as tall as the original 1/2" lug nuts, so the stick out of the wheels... at this point, I'm lit. oh, and the front wheels stick out about a half inch farther then the rear tires now, it looks like **** in my eyes... I was tempted to throw the drums back on it and sell off the parts that I am currently loathing. if I have any more problems with the kit, I'm going to go nucking futs. I'm not a very happy with CPP right now... I should have done the 3/4-1/2 ton swap from ECE and got new wheels. I highly doubt I'll ever use anything from CPP again. sorry for such a long post...
Kurt
Old 09-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #7
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Wow, did CPP get bought by AIM when we weren't looking?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:13 PM   #8
LowSeventy

I love how CPP's ads always say pricing starting at, and then when you call them it's nowhere near that price for your truck. Maybe AIM did buy them, that's the same bait and switch crap they've been pulling on people for years.
LowSeventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
bigblock73
yeller

Thumbs up

I just purchased a drop down battery box from them, and my experience was great!

I was actually interested in purchasing this tray from them about three years ago. At that time, I asked my questions and got a price quote from them...but I never ordered it because I was always spending my money on other truck parts.

Last Friday I finally called and ordered it. What was cool was the fact that I was expecting to pay the quoted price from three years ago, but when I told them how much it was, they stopped me and told me the price actually came down $10! I was pleased with that...and the item arrived less than a week later!

SO, I am happy with the service I received...and would deal with them again if the time comes.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:11 PM   #10
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

I have ordered a few thousand dollars worth of stuff from them with no problems at all and instructions on such things were rather good to my amazement because if I could I would re-write every set of freaking instructions that I have ever seen and I would re-write Mapquest on all of their directions too! No problems here, sorry about you guys on your experiences.
72CSTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #11
ozzyracing

So do you have to spend 1k+ to be a good customer to some of these businesses. It should not matter if i spend $25 or $25,000 a customer is a customer and bad word travels faster than good. JMO
Old 09-30-2005, 09:40 PM   #12
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyracing
So do you have to spend 1k+ to be a good customer to some of these businesses. It should not matter if i spend $25 or $25,000 a customer is a customer and bad word travels faster than good. JMO
Nooo, I only spent $125.

Bad reviews always get more attention than good ones...just like every news cast in America.

How many people do you hear of reporting "good" transactions as opposed to "bad" transactions? It is sad, but that is the way things seem to go.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote