The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
Cheyenne350

78 c10 to have LS1

Hello everyone I'm planning a ls1/4l60E swap into my 78 c10 RWD, I'm somewhat lucky here since I'm a owner of a 98 camaro z28 but bad thing is that it was involved in a accident so to repair it would be a waiste. Now I have the opportunity to transfer everything I could from the z28 into my c10 so I guess it could be called Z10 now.. Reading I know there are several options for engine mount adapters and tranny kits as well, question is what's better recommended here? No sure if I'm able to use the z28 rear diff on the c10 even tho both are 10bolt? Only reason why I would switch the z28 over is because it has 373 gears also rear disk breaks being that my c10 is stock with drums in the rear. If I plan to switch everything over would I still have to flash the computer and cut something off the wire harness? Would you guys recommend using the radiator from the z28 and transmission cooler? Any info will help you guys thanks.
Attached Images

Cheyenne350 is offline   Reply With Quote