The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #101
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Re: Streetrod Farm Truck build..."the Diesel"

Its been a week!

Miss having a truck
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #102
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Thats what I was just thinking! Get at it Chuck!

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #103
Stitch
Account Suspended

didn't get the control arm bushings and lower ball joints pressed into the control arms in time to put the suspension together this weekend...I did get a new windshield and solid back glass put in the truck last week...nothing else though...me and the family are going out of town this coming weekend and the weekend after that, so nothing will be done to the truck before then....sorry guys...it's killing me too to drive it around looking like a dern donk...
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #104
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

ha it does look like one to from a distance
Old 09-09-2010, 03:06 AM   #105
LS1_C10
Dont want a large Farva

Ive gotta say...Next payday, Im buying a bottle of CLR. I wanna see what itll do to a zero gloss and already 42 year patina'd car. You are awesome for sharing your wonderful idea.

Last edited by LS1_C10; 09-09-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #106
Stitch
Account Suspended

Thanks man but I can't take credit as my idea. I saw a thread about it months ago and thought it would be cool to try. What could I lose really. So I tried it and it's worked good so far. I still have to go over the a couple more times I think but on the rest of the truck it got rid of all the surface rust already. So right now everything is down to the original paint, primer, or metal except the hood. Once I get the hood down to the original stuff, I'm gonna tape everything up and clear over it all. Then alittle wetsanding and buffing and the body will be done for now. The only other thing I'm gonna do to the outside is put a boltless front bumper and rear sport bumper and one piece windows in the doors.

Thanks again man. I can tell you that it definitely worked pretty good
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #107
mcbassin
Still Learning

Very cool project Chuck! I will be following along too.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #108
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

Looks good so far. I am going to try the CLR on my 65 this fall. Can't wait to see you interior ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
Old 09-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #109
Stitch
Account Suspended

Thanks fellas. I can't wait to get started on it. I need to get a dash and door panel covered so eveyone can see and then I can start getting things situated so I can get the truck dropped. I still need to get the control arms, rotors, calipers, and rear disc brake bracket painted. I bought some stuff from lvschevytrucks to paint and seal all that stuff.

Also I wanted to comment that even though the rear disc brake brackets from blackbird look like they are well made and cut out by a machine, for the money I pad I expected the brackets to be pwodercoated or some thing and the kit to come with grade 8 hardware which it did not. The brackets must have painted right before they were put in the box and they had to be pried apart and the hardware is subpar in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #110
JohnC

That's a bummer thing to hear about the Blackbirds setup. I'm like you I would expect a better product output than that.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #111
Tagg33

Subscribed! Love the diesel.

84 SWB, C4 IFS Crossmember, C4 IRS, RE7 bags, WCC 3pc 22"s
My reBuild: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=346328
Old 09-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #112
menace121978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Hoe View Post
Thanks fellas. I can't wait to get started on it. I need to get a dash and door panel covered so eveyone can see and then I can start getting things situated so I can get the truck dropped. I still need to get the control arms, rotors, calipers, and rear disc brake bracket painted. I bought some stuff from lvschevytrucks to paint and seal all that stuff.

Also I wanted to comment that even though the rear disc brake brackets from blackbird look like they are well made and cut out by a machine, for the money I pad I expected the brackets to be pwodercoated or some thing and the kit to come with grade 8 hardware which it did not. The brackets must have painted right before they were put in the box and they had to be pried apart and the hardware is subpar in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
sorry to hear that Chuck. mine had grade 8 in it but i had to blast the brackets and paint them myself. i couldn't complain too much more because he knocked $50 bucks off mine because he shipped the wrong kit the 1st time. you should give him a call. i'm sure he'll make it right.

1978 Silverado (2wd, 1/2 ton, short bed)complete nut & bolt frame off restomod LQ9/4L80E
MY LS SWAP/FRAME OFF BUILD BOOK

2006 TBSS way too much to list
Old 09-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #113
Stitch
Account Suspended

It's not really that big of a deal or that much trouble. I've got some sealer paint for my hard parts underneath and I'll just paint them with that and the grade 8 hardware isn't that expensive. Maybe the hardware was an oversight as you got good hardware. Just thought I'd mention that for the money I expected more that's all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #114
nbpro
Account Suspended

Streetrod Farm Truck -sings- Oh where oh where can my owner be, has he forgot about me
Old 09-21-2010, 10:58 PM   #115
Stitch
Account Suspended

This Saturday I'm going to be lowering the truck hopefully as long as everything goes as planned WOOT...and then Sunday I'm going to the pull a part and buy every dash and door panel they have lol...

this week sometime I have to take and seal and paint my control arms and shafts...and get the control arm bushings and ball joints pressed into the arms...then I'll be ready for Saturday......I'm excited to get the truck on the ground finally...
Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #116
nbpro
Account Suspended

Sounds like a plan. Hopefully you'll have time to take progress pics. Wait. Do you take pics, even?
Old 09-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #117
Stitch
Account Suspended

A$$hole...lmao...
Old 09-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #118
nbpro
Account Suspended

i need to paint my control arms as well
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #119
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

yea there will be pics
Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #120
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Pics? Shoot, Chuck had to borrow MY camera to take pics of the crew cab when I was leaving with it!

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #121
palposity

I'm sure with the new "Stitch" business Chuck is more focused on his entrepreneurial pursuits than on his build. His veritable plethora of candidates who are agog with interest for interior packages from his feeler thread will likely keep him slaving over the sewing machine for years to come in order to complete this Brobdingnagian project. But, years from now, when all the orders have been fulfilled and every last loop of thread has been stitched - he will emerge victorious from his entrepreneurial catharsis. His interiors will be legendary. The Indians in the mountains will sing folk songs about him. And we - those who knew him before he joined the exalted ranks in automotive folklore with others such as Chip Foos, will remain, as always, his humble servants. All of us, united together, support him in the belief that his efforts will not prove feckless.

I take this moment to salute the birth of "THE STITCH" and look forward to your ascension to the aforementioned ranks in North American Automotive legend.
Project #1 "Pops"--1980 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 3rd Generation in the same original owner family. GOAL: Restore to "almost" original.
View Project Pops HERE

Project #2 "Cletus"--1986 Chevy K20 4.10 Gear Ratio GOAL: Restore into a heavy duty work/plow rig
View Project Cletus HERE - SOLD

DD--2008 Duramax CCSB
Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #122
ccreddell

Im surprised that I understood all the big words, and that they were all strung together in a correct way.............but, like I always say; "eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation".
Old 09-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #123
Stitch
Account Suspended

Y'all be sure to read this. This is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by palposity View Post
I'm sure with the new "Stitch" business Chuck is more focused on his entrepreneurial pursuits than on his build. His veritable plethora of candidates who are agog with interest for interior packages from his feeler thread will likely keep him slaving over the sewing machine for years to come in order to complete this Brobdingnagian project. But, years from now, when all the orders have been fulfilled and every last loop of thread has been stitched - he will emerge victorious from his entrepreneurial catharsis. His interiors will be legendary. The Indians in the mountains will sing folk songs about him. And we - those who knew him before he joined the exalted ranks in automotive folklore with others such as Chip Foos, will remain, as always, his humble servants. All of us, united together, support him in the belief that his efforts will not prove feckless.

I take this moment to salute the birth of "THE STITCH" and look forward to your ascension to the aforementioned ranks in North American Automotive legend.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #124
nbpro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by palposity View Post

Well there goes all my PR work down the drain. I've been replaced.

May THE STITCH live forever.

Last edited by nbpro; 09-22-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #125
joe231

Chip Foos?
it that the Asian version of Chip Foose?