The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
duallyjams

Re: Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB

What make welder are you using , what gauge wire at what speed and what heat range ? We can all learn as you go.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Re: Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
Subscribed! Really like everything about the build so far! And your writing style works too! LOL!
Thanks! I was dreading the bodywork, but I am actually having a lot of fun so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Nice work so far...Engine and frame look great! (or they did when I could see them )
Thanks a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
Keep it up. Looks like your moving at a pretty quick pace.
Thanks, yea, keep checking this thread each day or so if you want to follow along, I pound out 10-12hr days everyday on this thing, so I get a lot done in a week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
What make welder are you using , what gauge wire at what speed and what heat range ? We can all learn as you go.
I am using a Miller 212 mig Welder, I did a lot of research when looking for a welder, this thing is awesome! it's overkill for sheet metal jobs as it can weld 3/8 in a single pass and has a duty cycle of 60%. But I wanted it because it can also do aluminum, and heavier stuff on the farm too.
I can't remember what my wire thickness is, I can check on that for you if you like, but normally I am on heat setting #2 and wire speed is about 30...

here are the front passenger side photos ... she's all sewn up, just needs grinding now, I tell ya, I never knew what a Roloc Disc was until a week ago... and now I can't imagine a life without them!!!
Name:  March  1st 2012 012 (Small).JPG
Views: 3317
Size:  83.4 KB
Name:  March  1st 2012 013 (Small).JPG
Views: 3309
Size:  106.3 KB
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote