The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #1
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

67-72 Facebook groups. Why the huge following compared to here?

I am on quite a few 67-72 groups on FB. Personally I only mainly use them for buying and selling parts or just to check out other's rides. I can't get over all the bad info and know it alls on there. It is just insane. Can anyone tell me why those groups thrive while this forum is just putting along? I'm not knocking the forum at all because I love it.

My opinion is a forum is way better for detailed info and it is always there to refer back to later. You can't document a build thread on a FB group but you can sure get 100 people telling you how you're doing it wrong.

I even see a lot of members from here on there and they won't come back here for what ever reason. What's keeping them all on FB?

Is it because it's easier to view these groups with an app on your phone? I thought maybe that's it but I don't think it's all of it. What are your thoughts?
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:36 AM   #2
Getter-Done

Re: 67-72 Facebook groups. Why the huge following compared to here?

I am only on a few of the Others onFB.

One of them being the FB page that pertains to (Our) Forum.

At work they won't give out the PW for the Internet access.

So that is the only reason I even look at the Others.

I have noticed that also about the,
{you can sure get 100 people telling you how you're doing it wrong}
They are giving out so much False info on there

Some of them on there
They act like they KNOW everything

I want to comment But I know better.

I have found a way to access this forum thru the 67/72 FB group while I am at work.
It takes me a minute thou
I don't know exactly how I do it
But it works.

Sometimes when I am at truck shows:

I will ask (Are you a Member of the 67-72chevytrucks.com forum?)

They will ask which one?

My response is (There IS Only ONE)
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:44 AM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I cant figure it out either. I have zero desire to follow facebook for many of the reasons stated. To me this forum is the absolute best format for following the 67-72 GM trucks. I read here on the board that new membership is turned off. Ive been a member just shy of 20 years and I really really appreciate what Josh and Liz do. But I have zero idea what goes on behind the scenes so who am I to question anything =)
Old 12-04-2021, 06:09 PM   #4
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

I messed with FB for a short time, before becoming annoyed by it. I resisted for a long time, because I knew it would be like that, but got talked into it by some friends who talked about the connections to old friends. I never really got as far as joining groups over specific interests.

I can only imagine that here it is more thorough, less like headlines. Some people would rather have that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:24 PM   #5
kwmech

What's Facebook??
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:53 PM   #6
davischevy

A lot of the people on FB are there for the sole purpose of creating hate and discontent.

I want to scream when some one advertises something, complete with price.

Immediately the comments start about too high. I have one like it, what's the price, I have one for sale, etc..

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:30 PM   #7
57taskforce
All about them K’s

So damn glad I don’t have Facebook. My wife reads me some of the crap on there and about makes me loose my mind. I can only imagine how the truck pages are.(well I take that back Ryan, I’ve actually seen some of the examples of stupid you’ve sent me haha)
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:51 AM   #8
static80

If I log out and hit the register button. It says "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." I'm not sure if maybe other people are getting this message and maybe that's limiting this site?
static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:07 AM   #9
68shortwide

It's a much easier platform for some people to get quick answers, local sales, and access to several dozen different groups for assorted truck and engine platforms compared to this one single site. /shrug
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:42 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Facebook is for people who just want to say something. This forum is for people who want to say something with content. It's not new now but I saw people flocking to FB as them being people who need to fulfill their lives with newness, rather than look around and appreciate what they already have. I think there's some follow the herd going on, "Everyone is doing it". Well, I'm not and I've always been fine with making my own decisions. This place has quality of content and it's all still here to find. You might have to lift a finger to search out info but it's all far from momentary like FB. This place is not a single site. It's many in one. There are over 40 forums here involving a wider array than one specific truck type

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-05-2021 at 05:47 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:41 AM   #11
The Rocknrod

I find it too hard to use my little screen type to give any info on there. Special-K is right, no real context just comments and little pics.
Conversely I wish this forum had an app to use on your smart phone.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #12
67 twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
I find it too hard to use my little screen type to give any info on there. Special-K is right, no real context just comments and little pics.
Conversely I wish this forum had an app to use on your smart phone.
Why do you want an app? I use my smartphone exclusively to get on the web. My laptop died several years ago and I've found no need to replace it. I have no Internet access at work so the phone is it. What advantage is it to create an app to do what you can already do anyway?
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:06 AM   #13
The Rocknrod

Well your just better than anyone I guess. I'm not. He asked why people use facebook rather than here. If we dont want to know erase the entire post!

Last edited by The Rocknrod; 12-05-2021 at 09:14 AM.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #14
A1971Blazer

Facebook is like any other media platform....it's both good and bad
It all depends on how you use it...
I try not to get involved in the incessant drama there.
But I was making and selling some custom items for Blazers and 4wd trucks
I sold 10:1 times the parts there as I did here...I suppose it's the wider exposure on FB

This forum is better all around for information and help, and is much more civil for the most part. It's my first choice for solid information about the 67-72 Chevys
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

I had sampled and turned away from FB by the time the truck groups got started up. I tried those and my feelings about FB were intensified. So, no thank you, one quality place is all I need to fulfill my non-productive GM Truck time.

I popped back on FB once Marketplace was running and I kept hearing it was 'now' "the place" to sell. It's the same thing with that vs Craigslist as FB truck groups vs here. Something new came along and all the hoppers hopped. I have a saying I find myself saying an awful lot these days, "Just because something new comes along it doesn't render what's been around as useless". I could go on for days with proof back to sliced bread. Yep, sliced bread. Maybe some people don't want their bread the same precision thickness every slice. Might want a big thick slice for that homemade jam and butter or to dip into that bowl of stew!

That went pretty well, since wherever the most people are is where you will sell the most. It's no credit to Marketplace, though. I always sold with ease on Craigslist, too. But, the bad side of selling on FB is you get all those wasted words. Anything from saying they will buy an item without reading enough to see it's not for their vehicle to asking if you have things you don't have listed to asking questions to learn about one for their uncle so he can...

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-05-2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:54 AM   #16
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Facebook is for people who just want to say something. This forum is for people who want to say something with content. It's not new now but I saw people flocking to FB as them being people who need to fulfill their lives with newness, rather than look around and appreciate what they already have. I think there's some follow the herd going on, "Everyone is doing it". Well, I'm not and I've always been fine with making my own decisions. This place has quality of content and it's all still here to find. You might have to lift a finger to search out info but it's all far from momentary like FB. This place is not a single site. It's many in one. There are over 40 forums here involving a wider array than one specific truck type
Well said, Tim.

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #17
67 twins

Quote:
Well your just better than anyone I guess. I'm not. He asked why people use facebook rather than here. If we dont want to know erase the entire post!
I don't know why the animosity in your post. I asked a couple questions to understand your take on things.
You come back with this
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #18
richards72chevy

The only thing Facebook has going for it is you can sell stuff for free.I think a lot of people who were on here and redid these trucks for a living moved to a different media platform because once you get so many followers and likes they start paying you.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:56 PM   #19
LT7A

I actually think it's pretty simple. Total difference in format. In Facebook you see every post from every member in a particular group. So if you post something, you get a lot of responses. Facebook is like having your TV know what you're interested in and flip from one item to the next, all jumbled together, all about people you know and things you're interested in. You can just sit back and watch it happen, be entertained, and comment when you want. In comparison, this site is more like going to the library. Lots of in-depth information, but not near the exposure. For someone to read what you posted, they kind of have to go looking for it. We all like to hear from others about our vehicles and the posts we write. You hear from a lot more people on Facebook. However, I'm here, because I learn and make notes all the time and find the resultant connections to be worthwhile.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #20
LT7A

Quote:
I suppose one click on an app icon would be easier, but all you have to do is open up the internet browser on your phone, open up the website and sign in just like you do on the computer. The guy asks why you need an app, which is a totally legitimate question, and you act like he's personally attacking you. This site already has a mobile phone specific format, all you need to do is choose it.

I'll add this: follow the instructions as outlined above. Once you are on the site, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and on the left side you will find a drop-down menu. Drop down the menu, and choose Mobile. Just like that - welcome to the mobile version. Hope you have a better day.

Last edited by LT7A; 12-05-2021 at 05:30 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:05 PM   #21
special-K
Special Order

I think we're all good here. Slight issue with interpretation in type is all. Carry on...

Tim

Old 12-05-2021, 11:53 PM   #22
DubDubU

I'm still trying to figure out MySpace.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:04 AM   #23
leddzepp

This place is good for information. Facebook is good for entertainment. I guess nowadays people need more entertainment than information.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #24
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Once you are on the site, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and on the left side you will find a drop-down menu. Drop down the menu, and choose Mobile. Just like that - welcome to the mobile version. Hope you have a better day.
I thought I was done with this thread and then I get good info like this.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:03 PM   #25
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I'm on a few truck groups as well. I now refuse to answer any questions. I will be 100% sure on something, even providing evidence and back up info, and have 3 morons tell me I'm wrong, or they've "seen one like that before" or whatever. I really don't have the time nor do I care to argue with idiots on the internet anymore.

Marketplace on the other hand is the devil. I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on there....
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote