The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #40
JPutnam

Re: I always wanted a sweet old truck

I had to replace the engine in my daily so that took me away from this for a bit. Ive been trying to get back to it. I unhooked the axle and everything from the frame and pulled it out to turn it around so I can clean up the rear for paint. the front is just primer. I will probably clean that up and reprimer before painting the whole thing.

this thing is heavy.

Ive been using a wire wheel on my angle grinder to clean it up a bit, ended up burning the angle grinder up. Ive been beating on it for a few months now so it was about time. Cheap harbor freight angle grinder, I get them for $6 every six months with their warranty. Had a new one sitting in a box as backup. threw the wire wheel on it and within 30 seconds it was too hot to hold with my leather gloves. I think it is just faulty. I am not putting that much load on it.

starting to clean up nicely.

really should just get a nice welder and stop messing around with junk.

Once I get the frame painted I can start putting the truck back together. Hopefully real soon. I could use the space the pieces of the truck are taking up.
JPutnam is offline   Reply With Quote