The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-16-2020, 11:51 AM   #201
MarKist

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Man get that little girl to the vet ASAP. I have 2 females bostons too, one's name is Zoe also, love my dogs and I know the feelings you have for yours! (very very smart dogs) So get her to the Vet! keep us posted. oh BTW digging your truck looks really nice I have a 66 setting in the woods just waiting to be loved on and Im trying to get motivated to pull her in the garage and go to town on her!

oh well,..you'll have that!!
MarKist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:19 PM   #202
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarKist View Post
Man get that little girl to the vet ASAP. I have 2 females bostons too, one's name is Zoe also, love my dogs and I know the feelings you have for yours! (very very smart dogs) So get her to the Vet! keep us posted. oh BTW digging your truck looks really nice I have a 66 setting in the woods just waiting to be loved on and Im trying to get motivated to pull her in the garage and go to town on her!
My mom had a few Bostons over the years. I was amazed that when they ate from their bowl of food, their hind legs could/would float using only the fronts to get their head far enough in for that last morsel
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:16 AM   #203
Paul Y

Really coming together - keep us updated on the Pup.

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #204
88Stanger

Update: I know this is a truck site for trucks and the builds, but sometime we have our little pals that we plan to have with us in our trucks, and my little girl that was so sick yesterday did not make it. She had a birth defect that killed off most of her intestines and so i had to let her go. Broken hearted now and trying to keep the momentum right now to get back to the truck. It is amazing how much such a little innocent little pup can grab your heart with the force of all and hold on.

Ok, danm, sorry about that. so for the truck. I got to mount the clutch and remeasure the fingers. I ended up with about .070 to .080 difference. So found the middle, made a note and decided that this was the number i would use to set the .100 to .150 clearance. I figured use the .100 number, that way up or down i am good.
Then i realize that i cannot find any shims! really, seriously. damn, unreal. what a damn week. I have exhaust, brake lines, fuel lines left to run.

So that is on hold, so i have all the interrior stuff to go through, clean up or buy new so i can get ready to start work on the cab very soon.

My plan is to wrap the whole truck in flat red. I done only a small amount of vinyl work, but hey one way to learn.... So after i get the cab cleaned up and ready for wrap, then i will look at trying my hand at wrapping. BUT i will start with the fenders and doors first before attempting the cab.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #205
88Stanger

Quote:
Well i just posted on her, she had to be put down. She was born with a birth defect in her little intestines and over 40% of them were dead. just about did me in. BUT in her little honor, we will move on.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #206
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
My mom had a few Bostons over the years. I was amazed that when they ate from their bowl of food, their hind legs could/would float using only the fronts to get their head far enough in for that last morsel
Zoey would do this. I have video of this happening. Funniest thing ever. They truly are an awesome breed. Best little puppy i have ever had. She was glued to me always. That is the part that really hurts. Being a 340lb 6'0" 3/4 tattoo up guy looking as some say very scary did not mean nothing when i had to say let her go. I was a big scary bumbling guy after that. I will have another one day, when it is right.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #207
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Zoey would do this. I have video of this happening. Funniest thing ever. They truly are an awesome breed. Best little puppy i have ever had. She was glued to me always. That is the part that really hurts. Being a 340lb 6'0" 3/4 tattoo up guy looking as some say very scary did not mean nothing when i had to say let her go. I was a big scary bumbling guy after that. I will have another one day, when it is right.
Hard to let them go once 'you' are theirs.

I'm not a pet owner... I experienced far too many animals in a household growing up & although I like pets, I choose not to own any. They do come into our lives & sometimes need our help. If that happens, well they tend to stay around & are easy to become attached to.

Sorry for your loss.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 07-18-2020, 10:15 AM   #208
MarKist

Quote:
Well i just posted on her, she had to be put down. She was born with a birth defect in her little intestines and over 40% of them were dead. just about did me in. BUT in her little honor, we will move on.
Dang... I’m sorry,

oh well,..you'll have that!!
MarKist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:49 AM   #209
88Stanger

Quote:
Dang... I’m sorry,
Thank you sir. It was a rough one for sure. Amazing how that little girl got ahold of me.

Thanks again though
Old 07-18-2020, 10:53 AM   #210
88Stanger

Truck Update:
I had a set of Tri-Y headers 2.5" that i got couple years ago for my "69 C10. I thought, maybe they would fit the "66. Well they do! LOL So now i have the headers so that is not needed. Now i am looking at what to do for exhaust. Get a universal kit or try to take it to a shop and have it done. I am a bit different because i want side exhaust if possible, just before the rear tires. I have been looking at these flattened exhaust tips that i would maybe like to have. Suggestions here?
Old 07-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #211
Paul Y

Feel you on the Pup.

Had to have my best friend put down a few weeks back and it really hurts doesn't matter who you are, how big or how scary.

Completely unintentional but ended up with a new addition to the Pack - this one shares the same blood line so when the opportunity presented itself I couldn't say no.

Yes, my carpet does need Hoovering!

Back to trucks ordered the frame stiffener yesterday so thank you for taking the time to speak to me a few weeks back - now just got to wait for it to make its way across the ocean!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:17 PM   #212
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
Feel you on the Pup.

Had to have my best friend put down a few weeks back and it really hurts doesn't matter who you are, how big or how scary.

Completely unintentional but ended up with a new addition to the Pack - this one shares the same blood line so when the opportunity presented itself I couldn't say no.

Yes, my carpet does need Hoovering!

Back to trucks ordered the frame stiffener yesterday so thank you for taking the time to speak to me a few weeks back - now just got to wait for it to make its way across the ocean!

P.
That is so awesome Paul! Sorry for your loss, but the addition is too cute.
I will one day soon get another one, just not sure when, i will know when.

As for the frame stiffiner, that is cool! I hope it gets to you soon. Any questions, please let me know!!
Old 07-18-2020, 07:18 PM   #213
88Stanger

New Clutch Disc, holds up to 700HP

Tri-Y headers on, MSD Dist. In and Wires ran
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #214
88Stanger

Update: 07/28/2020
I got the 4-Speed with Hydraulic clutch installed and then centered it in the frame and now it is installed into the frame. Looks great.
Now to work on getting a drive line built.
Also, just did a very large order with Classic Industries as they had 30% off last week, so it was time to order a bunch of larger items. So waiting on that stuff.
Also, got ahold of my powder coating buddy and asked to have him blast my cab, if i find it needs it.
Originally i had planned on wrapping the truck, but after looking into it and knowing that i have little to no experience in that, i have decided to go ahead and paint the flat red on. i have done flat before on my "69. I am not the best, but i can get it done. Maybe down the road i will get it wrapped if needed by professional. So, now i am looking at a single stage flat red on most of the outside with black highlights, grill, rims, SS strips ect.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:25 PM   #215
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Blasting to white metal is the only way to start with body work IMO.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:02 AM   #216
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Blasting to white metal is the only way to start with body work IMO.
Agreed 100% I did my "69 and it was worth it. The only original metal will be the Cab and Hood. Rest is all new metal. Was missing alot originally and to repair what is bad.... its bad....
Cab is all good, only rust is upper passenger side drip rail. It is bad up there, so i will have some repair to do. Finding all the repair panels has been a challenge. i have a large shipment from Classic Industries and LMC on the way.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:18 AM   #217
SCOTI

Quote:
Agreed 100% I did my "69 and it was worth it. The only original metal will be the Cab and Hood. Rest is all new metal. Was missing alot originally and to repair what is bad.... its bad....
Cab is all good, only rust is upper passenger side drip rail. It is bad up there, so i will have some repair to do. Finding all the repair panels has been a challenge. i have a large shipment from Classic Industries and LMC on the way.
Find a way to get it sealed in epoxy as quickly as possible. When I did the cab for my 67/68, the flash rusting happened so quick it was unreal. It was summer-time so the heat & humidity played a part but I should have prepped & had everything ready to clean & spray once it rolled into the driveway.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 08-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #218
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Find a way to get it sealed in epoxy as quickly as possible. When I did the cab for my 67/68, the flash rusting happened so quick it was unreal. It was summer-time so the heat & humidity played a part but I should have prepped & had everything ready to clean & spray once it rolled into the driveway.
Funny you should mention that. So actually yesterday i ordered primer and paint from summit just for this reason. I will also build a paint booth in the shop with plastic. I ordered alot of things last week, fenders - inner and outer, radiator support, and so on and so on....
Now getting parts blasted and ready for some powder coating...
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #219
88Stanger

Just for fun, i set the Fitech injection system i bought some time ago for the other truck on the motor and my shotgun air cleaner that will have the blades done in red.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #220
88Stanger

Ok, so i go out to start getting parts final cleaned for powder coating and first thing i start with is the side vents. So, i had to clean them up and found one small area that will need some very small repair which i do not mind. This is after i dismantle them. What i was not happy with is the seals. I can find them but after much research i found that the seal is sandwich between two parts that are riveted together. So i plan to remove the rivets, blast them, clean them and then get some foam.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #221
88Stanger

Ok everyone, i need some help here. I am not sure if there are replacement panel(s) for this area or ?? Any help here is greatly appreciated!! not sure how to fix this....

See att
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #222
88Stanger

DAmn rotation ....
sorry about that. Try to figure out to fix this.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #223
88Stanger

Damnit, everytime i bring up the pic, it comes up normal and not in landscape like above. How do i fix this... lol
Old 08-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #224
SCOTI

Don't know the how to answer your question. But, I just saved it to my computer, opened it in 'Paint', rotated its orientation & saved it again....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 08-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #225
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

Only way I found that you can rotate it, is edit the picture to be square or wider than it is tall...

The attached image function only allows for landscape view of the image...

Well, looks like I am wrong, as Scoti was able to post it...Maybe it only allows that when attaching a SINGLE picture...

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote