The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2015, 01:12 AM   #1
DD38

Power brakes with manual transmission

I have a 1957 3100 that has been converted to 4 wheel drive. It currently has a 305 engine and a SM465 manual transmission. I have front disc and rear drum brakes. I am looking to upgrade the stock manual brake system to a dual bowl master cylinder with a booster. I want to keep the master cylinder mounted under the truck. I have found several different companies selling the complete conversion kits (master cylinder, booster, bracket, and proportioning valve) and some state that it is for automatic transmissions only and others don't specify. I have measured the space under the truck and cant see where i would have any issue other than the parking brake cable being in the way. I have searched about this conversion and found a lot of good information. Nothing that I have found has been for a manual transmission truck though. My question is can these conversion kits be used with a manual transmission or is there one out there that is specifically for a manual?

Any information is greatly appreciated. If this has already been answered and you can direct me to the right thread that would be great also.
DD38 is offline   Reply With Quote