The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
jephs422

Re: 67-72 Bolt in pedal assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaird View Post
have you had this installed on a truck with a complete engine and exhaust? I'm just thinking about header clearance.
Yes we have. Actually we have had this on a couple of trucks in the shop so far, and yes there is plenty of room for headers and exhaust, but it will have to be custom made (obviously). I do not know if a set of full lenght headers will fit, but I know a set of shorties, and mid length do work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riveted1 View Post
I've been following this closely, and was wondering the same thing. Also, how easy would it be to make it usable for those of us with discs/drums? I'm trying to picture it in my head and just can't. LOL
for disc/drum this one will work just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunna View Post
is the price of the one that works with laying the frame the same as the 1st design?
Yup, same price

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaird View Post
I've done a little research on some of the other things that most of us will need to buy to finish off a brake system with a frame mounted booster/mc. jephs422, let us know if this is what you recommend.

I got this info from inlinetube.com. The following info is for 4 wheel disc.

First, we will need a 2lb residual valve after the MC, one on the front and one on the rear line. This is what they look like. They are $22.00 each.

Then on the rear line only we will need a adjustable proportioning valve. Price on this is $49.00 Here is a pic:

Here are the descriptions from inline on each:

Street Rod Valve Notes:
The adjustable valve is designed for both street rods and conversions using factory front brake lines. Of all the disc brake conversion configurations, using the adjustable proportional line valve is typically the easiest proportioning solution because it is installed anywhere in the rear lines between the master and the rear hose and controls only the pressure to the back brakes. No line pattern changes are necessary for installation. The front brakes get full pressure and the rears are turned down until they do not lock up and provide a smooth stop. Adjustment depends on tire, caliper and rotor size and is different for all cars. Adjustable valves can also be used on factory or race cars to fine tune the rear brakes or because of mismatched components.

Residual Valves:
These valves are used in brake systems where the master cylinder is mounted lower than the calipers, typically under the floor. This is a check valve that keeps either 2lb (disc) or 10lb (drum) of pressure in the system to prevent the fluid from running back and overflowing the master cylinder. These valves should be mounted as close as possible to the master before the proportioning valve. These valves are not needed on firewall mounted master cylinders.

And here is a diagram:
Yes, that info is all correct. I do not know about inlinetube.com, but we stock Wilwood residual pressure valves in both 2lb and 10lb. We also stock adjustable proportioning valves. Heck, I bet we have 200 of them dang things in stock. Remember, we have a full warehouse full of parts. Basically if you need it, we probably have it.....steering wheels, columns, u-joints, brakes, firewalls, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
How much extra for it to fit a factory pedal or will a factory pedal fit on it now with the modification?
With the offset pedal the way it is now, you will still either need to buy and aftermarket brake pad, or buy our brake pad that accepts your factory rubber pad.

Scott's Hotrods
Oxnard CA 93030
jephs422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
stunna

jeph how much for your residual valve and your proportioning valve, assuming we get the group buy thing going?
stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
jephs422

Quote:
jeph how much for your residual valve and your proportioning valve, assuming we get the group buy thing going?
I know Justin will let me sell the prop valves for $40.00, but I'll need to check on the residual valves. I am pretty sure I can get away with $19.00 a piece.

Scott's Hotrods
Oxnard CA 93030
Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #4
stunna

that sounds good to me, thanks
Old 10-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
stunna

what we looking like on the group buy numbers on this unit?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
jephs422

Quote:
what we looking like on the group buy numbers on this unit?
Same as the original booster set up. I just don't have those ready yet. I will have them done this week though.

For anyone that is in the group buy, PM me and give me your information or call me at 805-200-6734. I am going to go ahead and keep the price on the table for another week, but I would like to take care of those who would like to buy now.

Scott's Hotrods
Oxnard CA 93030
Old 11-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
Scottshotrods

Thankyou for all of the orders and the positive comments on are new
67-72 pedal ass we have made another 25 kits and we have them in
stock ready to ship.We would like to here comments on any ideas on
parts you guys and gals would like to see.We will be posting are new
67-72 firewall here up iin a short while this will save you alot of time
smoothing up your stock firewall.
Thankyou,
Justin
Scotts Hotrods
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #8
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods View Post
...We would like to here comments on any ideas on parts you guys and gals would like to see. We will be posting are new 67-72 firewall here up in a short while...
Sweet. Any progress shots of the firewall? Nice to see some new custom parts coming down the pipeline

Some common parts needed when going very low on the front with these trucks are hood hinges and inner fenderwells. If you had a nice, clean way of doing that, I know a lot of folks would be interested.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 11-19-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephs422 View Post
For disc/drum this one will work just fine.
Sorry for my ignorance, but would that mean if running disc/drums you would need a 2lb residual valve for the discs (front lines), and a 10lb residual valve and one of those snazzy little adjustable proportioning valves for the drums (rears)?

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance, but would that mean if running disc/drums you would need a 2lb residual valve for the discs (front lines), and a 10lb residual valve and one of those snazzy little adjustable proportioning valves for the drums (rears)?
I will have the same setup so interested as well.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #11
jephs422

Quote:
Exactly. you will want to run a 2lb up front, and a 10lb for the rear; the adjustable prop valve will also go to the rear.

Scott's Hotrods
Oxnard CA 93030