The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2008, 05:29 AM   #26
killer71

Re: For All Screwed By 72cstc5 (carlos)

how do you guys expect him to pick it up if they won't give it to him...i personally took don to get it last year and they would not give it to him....yes i can take my shot gun and load up and go down there or whip everybody's ass in the shop, but unless i plan to spend sometime behind bars over is nonsense.... it's not gonna happen until the two mutually agree on a price or don sues carlos and is ordered to give it back to don....but for you guys to say to simply go get it...it's just not that easy unless your willing to pay the consequences!
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:47 AM   #27
ChevyChad

killer is right. If it were that simple, we would have gone down there saturday. Hell, we were already half way there! The guy threw a curve ball, which was honestly a bit anticipated since all the dealings leading up to this have been screwy and shady. He needs to be taught a lesson thats for sure. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone were to shoot up the shop like killer had said the way he seems to be running his business.
ChevyChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #28
STP67-72

Hey Killer
I understand what you are saying. This is all of Carlos bad dealings. All i am saying is if he says to come and get this truck out of my shop NOW. If you tell him you are turning it over to a lawyer, he might change his tune. If i was wrong and you told me that. I would tell you to come and get it. If for some reason something like this happens. I am offering to help go get it. That is all i am saying.
68 Chevy swb fleet (Lola)
68 Chevy swb fleet
71 Chevy swb fleet ( future PB project)

97 crew cab power stroke
07 SS Trail blazer
STP67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #29
killer71

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP67-72 View Post
Hey Killer
I understand what you are saying. This is all of Carlos bad dealings. All i am saying is if he says to come and get this truck out of my shop NOW. If you tell him you are turning it over to a lawyer, he might change his tune. If i was wrong and you told me that. I would tell you to come and get it. If for some reason something like this happens. I am offering to help go get it. That is all i am saying.

yep i gotcha...but that ain't carlos's tune. He wants another approx. 8,000 g's before the truck can leave, so for right now don's hands are tied until he figures how out he's gonna handle it!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #30
Billla
Account Suspended

Was there a written estimate provided? If so, check your state's repair laws - generally if a written estimate was provided it can't be exceeded by more than a certain amount, and the work must be completed in a reasonable time. Sounds like you're already going down the attorney route (good call) and they'll know all that stuff
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #31
NONHOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billla View Post
Was there a written estimate provided? If so, check your state's repair laws - generally if a written estimate was provided it can't be exceeded by more than a certain amount, and the work must be completed in a reasonable time. Sounds like you're already going down the attorney route (good call) and they'll know all that stuff
Yep show up if he has a signed work order with $ figures your going uphill .
If not or he is beyond the original est. I'd show up to remove it (w/ the Police) You may or may not leave with it but you'll have a leg to stand on if Police make a report. Note current condition ! so he can't trash it.
Find a Officer that wants to help ! You'll be way ahead .
If you just call Police they wont want to show up . Unless you sneak them in
call 911 give the address and hang up .
Good luck ! Oh just thought of this . Is there a work order at this new shop ?
If not maybe the stolen vehicle route might be a good bet.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #32
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Yep show up if he has a signed work order with $ figures your going uphill .
If not or he is beyond the original est. I'd show up to remove it (w/ the Police) You may or may not leave with it but you'll have a leg to stand on if Police make a report. Note current condition ! so he can't trash it.
Find a Officer that wants to help ! You'll be way ahead .
If you just call Police they wont want to show up . Unless you sneak them in
call 911 give the address and hang up .
Good luck ! Oh just thought of this . Is there a work order at this new shop ?
If not maybe the stolen vehicle route might be a good bet.
You guys are making it alot more difficult then it should be.

You call the cops, and report the vehicle stolen. Its at a shop and they wont release it. They will ask the shop owner (carlos) for a copy of the work order with the amount on it that you have signed, WHEN he cant come up with that, they will order him to release the vehicle. Then its up to carlos to sue YOU for the money he thinks he is owed.

I run a shop here in seattle, and its VERY easy for cust.s to get out of paying their bill.... Its on us as a shop to collect the funds.

Example. I called a cust. gave them an estimate for $2200 dollars of work, they ok'd it and it was about 11:00 am when they okd the work. Well, i forgot to put that in the computer, i later put that the cust. okd the work at 2pm. Cust. showed up, and said he didnt ok the work, i said you did and showed him the work order. He states he wasnt at that number at 2pm.... Long story short, we released the car and had to sue for the money. We lost.... Just because i didnt have the correct estimate in the computer...
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #33
GRIMSS

I don't know if all this talk is a good idea on here. I would hate for this guy to be reading all this. Just incase this carlos is looking at this site and not being loged on.

It may not help the cause. But that's just my .02

Might want to just PM him this info.
1968 Camaro
1968 Volksrod "NOBACK"

55-59 one piece window Video
55-59 one piece window template files
Jared
GRIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #34
killer71

can't pm he's banned...
Old 04-18-2008, 02:43 AM   #35
GRIMSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
can't pm he's banned...
not carlos. PM 68 short step the info.

carlos could have another name by now or just reading all of this with out logging on. I just don't want 68 short step's truck to get distroyed before he get it back.
1968 Camaro
1968 Volksrod "NOBACK"

55-59 one piece window Video
55-59 one piece window template files
Jared
GRIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:33 AM   #36
68 short step

here is the scoop, im forced to shell out $$ either way i turn..the lawyer i talked to, after fwding all carlos and i emails and our work contract, said its a very simple case to win since everything, dates with times, phone recorders, and my build up page (with 429 additional photos).. was more then enough to get my truck back or recoupe all my investments i have in the truck...i have 3 places to put a lawsuit against shop A (where i originally dropped the truck off at), Carlos with ALL-PRO, and the actual owner of the building in which all pro operates out of......My first step was to contact the owner and see what he knows about this situation and inform him about whats going on, and try to work something out..... well i made contact with the owner and he seams to be working with me...
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #37
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Glad to hear something is going your way. Sounds like a nightmare. Depending on what you actually owe him it sounds to me like you could get your truck back with no money out of your pocket if you went to court. This guy took your truck and you had to hunt him down. You went 4 hours to meet him and he doesn't show up. With pain, suffering and your out of pocket expenses he should owe you some money. You may not want to take it that far, but I would. If I could get out of this nightmare by paying a lawyer what I was gonna pay that crook I would do it in a minute.

My .02
tdave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #38
71Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdave00 View Post
Glad to hear something is going your way. Sounds like a nightmare. Depending on what you actually owe him it sounds to me like you could get your truck back with no money out of your pocket if you went to court. This guy took your truck and you had to hunt him down. You went 4 hours to meet him and he doesn't show up. With pain, suffering and your out of pocket expenses he should owe you some money. You may not want to take it that far, but I would. If I could get out of this nightmare by paying a lawyer what I was gonna pay that crook I would do it in a minute.

My .02

My thoughts exactly...he should definitely owe something for all the drama, wasted gas/time he's caused!
71Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #39
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

From what I have read about Carlos in this thread, he's a real POS If he is reading this: shame on him for screwing a fellow board member!
c10crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:27 AM   #40
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

I can relate to getting behind and not being able to finish on time, but this goes a quite a bit further than that. He's trying to jack up the price as well. Running behind on projects will start to get in your wallet with labor costs adding up, but a person who runs an honest business just bites that bullet and learns from his mistake. What we have here is a dishonest business owner that is trying to make the customer pay for his own misfortune/mistakes. That's flat out wrong.
tdave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:37 AM   #41
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdave00 View Post
What we have here is a dishonest business owner that is trying to make the customer pay for his own misfortune/mistakes. That's flat out wrong.
100% accurate..... hit the nail on the head!!!!
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #42
larry may

Prove its a criminal act on Carlos part then you have leverage. Otherwise it a civilmatter. Cops do not like to get in volved. Make a police or Sherris report stating your issues tell the law enforce ment your intentions then go get your stuff. Worked here 4 me.
Same sorts of jerks everywhere. Its your ride , he missed the target date , failure in performance. When the bidder is eagar to get the work and can doit right now as they say. Skip that guy.

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:44 AM   #43
randomhero472

I must be living under a rock.. havent been on the site for a couple weeks and seemed to have missed a ton of b.s. which unfortunatly don doesnt suprise me... I too have gotten the MEGA-SHAFT and have been waiting patiently to figure out a way to get my truck back w/o getting hit w/a huge bill when i walk through the door or it ending in violence... I really hate this because im the kind of person who trusts strangers unless proven otherwise, and carlos and i had a great relationship for the first few months, then abrubptly everything changed, and now my truck is also 8 hours away and go knows if its even there at this shop

I was contacted by him 3 days ago and was told i needed to come get the truck by may 3, so i'll make damn sure i'm down there before then
Old 04-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #44
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

Sorry some are having this trouble!

Maybe if all of you (having problems) band together and show up w/ the police? Its only a token gesture, but maybe the sight of several people w/ police could help.

Then again, its a gray area and the police don't really want any part of it.
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:24 AM   #45
randomhero472

I had actually made plans to go get it here 3 weeks ago, but at litteraly last minute got an email saying he wouldnt be there to give me my parts, and never heard back until last thursday when he told me i needed to get it before may 3, what a nightmare!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #46
Ole Blue 68

I'm just reading this thread for the first time and now i'm burning up. What a load of $hit!

We got any members down near Dickinson who'd be willing to do some drive- by's? I'm thinking we need to know days and times this POS Carlos is at the shop so if 68 Short Step or Randomhero want to get the cops or a lawyer over there (or shoot the place up), they know when's the best time to do it.
Ole Blue 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:22 PM   #47
shifty
Questionable

randomhero, it sounds like you and don need to start talking, split lawyer costs to have the same papers filed and same suit tended to.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:39 PM   #48
70rs/ss

They (LLEA) will show up if you give a "keeping the peace call" they will not intervien unless it gets rough. It might be enough to get your stuff, and I agree get together with anyone else that has gotten the shaft from him so the LEA sees this isn't just sour grapes, 2-3-4 people all show up with the same story of getting ripped off could be cause for some type of intervention, probably still civil, but again split the lawyers fees 3 ways and hit him hard!!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #49
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
They (LLEA) will show up if you give a "keeping the peace call" they will not intervien unless it gets rough. It might be enough to get your stuff, and I agree get together with anyone else that has gotten the shaft from him so the LEA sees this isn't just sour grapes, 2-3-4 people all show up with the same story of getting ripped off could be cause for some type of intervention, probably still civil, but again split the lawyers fees 3 ways and hit him hard!!
Once again, he can NOT keep your vehicle from you if he doesnt have proof of you signing something stating the amount he wants.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #50
70rs/ss

But the cops cannot force him to give it up, that is the civil part. I guess the only thing that could change that is if you file a stolen vehicle report (not like he rolled up and stole them, but that he is sitting on them and won't give them back). Man, this sucks, I feel for you guys.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote