The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Thumbs up Flashed

I just got in the door from work and had to post this right away. over on the "Our Stuff In Scale" message board there's a thread a member posted to inform us of a 90th Anniversary '67 C/10 replica that he found. Well, that member is in Canada and none of us in the lower 48 have been able to find any info on them. Well, that was up until Mr. Flashed came up with a buddy in OH that could grab one. I suppose as a nice jester Flashed bought two so he could offer one to a fellow member. I took the bait hook line and sinker. Ok, here's where the complaints start. First of all, these things aren't cheap little Hot Wheels, they are 1/25 scale made by 1st Gear, a step up in the die cast world. So, he has the nerve to ask not one red cent over what he paid...no profit, no coin for his effort, just exactly what he paid. See where this is going. Yeah, pretty obvious, right? Next thing I know, he's sending me a PM telling me he already sent it and I hadn't even sent the money, C'mon...really? He sent me a PM to let me know it had been sent. He didn't have the tracking info handy, so he sent another to tell me that just last night. In that PM he also said it would show up on Saturday. Well, it didn't! It showed up today. Now I know not to believe everything he says. Well, it gets worse. I come in the house today and what the hay is that? My son had brought in this big old box. That thing was 3-4x bigger than it needed to be. It had enough bubble wrap to ship five of these things. I unwrapped that and there was yet another layer! Then the box the truck came in was in a NAPA bag. There must have been 8 or so of those air bags filling up the extra space around all that bubble wrap! I guess he figured all that extra packaging would make up for the fact that this thing came a day sooner than he said it would.
Anyway, he doesn't sell a heap of stuff on here, but when he does watch out! Unless you want a reasonable price, great communication, prompt shipping, topped with an excellent packing job I'd steer clear of this guy. I think my job is done here

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by ETsC10; 01-29-2016 at 06:29 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
1968aj

Re: Flashed

You saying everyone is not out to make a buck? now im all confused.
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #3
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Awesome info! Thanks for the heads up...lol..always nice to hear something good.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #4
flashed

I told you it was WRAPPED ,just did not tell you what it was wrapped in .I get the packing material free at work as it gets trashed so I recycle it as needed. Im not in this hobby to make money ,besides you sold me some pretty cool old trucks way back.That was such a nice truck and not cheap that I wanted to be sure it got to you in good condition .Mine has not made it to my shop yet ,my wife wanted it on display on the mantle for now.NAPA never did get them around here that I have seen but they sent me an e mail about a roll back they were pushing .Tim,thanks for the kind words but I really just try to treat folks how I have been treated here by most.
John
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

I usually send a PM to tell I received what was sent. I decided to do a "dealings" thread because you did the do right stuff all the way down the line. Just a great example of how things could would should be done. Thanks

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
msgross

1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #7
flashed

Now ,how did you like the truck ?