The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2022, 10:28 PM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Hey Tim!

That is doggone cold. What would the wind chill be? Brrr... I'd be creaking, groaning, and banging, too. Makes me appreciate living in a house!

Looks like sleet and rain Sunday morning, turning to rain in the afternoon. That's the warm day of the week, 41* high. It warms up to rain here quite often. After the snow tomorrow we will get 25-30 mph winds with high of 30 before wind chill, about 18* with. Saturday morning wind chill will be single digit... Whoopee!

EDIT: The snow is supposed to begin after 11 and end by 6. It's 9:30 and I just went outside. It's snowing!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-06-2022 at 10:37 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:08 PM   #27
Getter-Done

It's getting bad around here.
Some of the Waffle House's are closing.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:35 PM   #28
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

We actually had some freezing days here, over the last couple of weeks. I was putting a coat on my dog to walk her. How cold does it have to be before one has to be concerned for a dog's feet and frostbite? Asking for the dog- I have shoes.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:21 AM   #29
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
We actually had some freezing days here, over the last couple of weeks. I was putting a coat on my dog to walk her. How cold does it have to be before one has to be concerned for a dog's feet and frostbite? Asking for the dog- I have shoes.
The snow gets packed in there paws if they go outside without there shoes
Name:  mychair.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  83.3 KB

Old 01-07-2022, 07:37 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Just observe the dog. They don't need a coat, they are more adaptable that us humans. For the paws, cold doesn't matter, but snow can pack between their paw pads, as Getter mentioned. Usually when snow is wet. They know how to take care of themselves. You'll see the dog stop to gnaw on their paw to clear the snow then be good to go. If they have to continually and frequently stop to do that, it's a good idea to cut the walk short. I would walk my last dog every morning before work all year long. About a third of that was deer trails I cleaned up. He was fine in the snow there and only got packed paws walking along and on the road. That was due to salt and other chemicals to melt the snow, causing wet snow. Also, the chemicals/salt can irritate their pads and dry them out.

Hey Leon! We got the 4" as promised. It was done at 5 when I put the bird feeders out. Time to clear essentials off once the sun is up

I hired a professional photographer to assure the pictures would not be blurry
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-07-2022 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:04 AM   #31
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

Nice decorations

Did those picture have a Satisfaction Guarantee? JK

Old 01-07-2022, 09:31 AM   #32
special-K
Special Order

He'll have to take me to court if he expects to get paid

I leave the lights on till Jan 7, which just happens to be today. I don't take any down until milder weather days, and if it snows I'll plug them in

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 01-07-2022 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:57 AM   #33
72c20customcamper

Dusting of the white death here . Seems all the storms are staying south of me
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:18 PM   #34
special-K
Special Order

Got things cleared away. Looks more like 6". Now the wind. Tomorrow sunny, about 30, and windy again. Time to make a sammich

Tim

Old 01-07-2022, 12:49 PM   #35
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
The snow gets packed in there paws if they go outside without there shoes
Attachment 2156416
Quote:
Just observe the dog. They don't need a coat, they are more adaptable that us humans. For the paws, cold doesn't matter, but snow can pack between their paw pads, as Getter mentioned. Usually when snow is wet. They know how to take care of themselves. You'll see the dog stop to gnaw on their paw to clear the snow then be good to go. If they have to continually and frequently stop to do that, it's a good idea to cut the walk short. I would walk my last dog every morning before work all year long. About a third of that was deer trails I cleaned up. He was fine in the snow there and only got packed paws walking along and on the road. That was due to salt and other chemicals to melt the snow, causing wet snow. Also, the chemicals/salt can irritate their pads and dry them out.

Hey Leon! We got the 4" as promised. It was done at 5 when I put the bird feeders out. Time to clear essentials off once the sun is up

Thanks! No snow around here, just a little frost on the grass last month. Dog's good to go, I just take her back home as soon as she's done with her "business"...and I have "business" bags, unlike some people around here.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:49 PM   #36
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

-30 here this am without windchill. Windchill warnings last night up to -45. Got around 18" of snow the last week or so. I plowed out my neighboring lot for the first time and the old 71 cheyenne could barely handle it. Already running out of room to push snow. Kind of like a normal winter here...
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:59 PM   #37
Rich84

We got about 7 inches last night. Can't complain after all it is January.
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:05 PM   #38
special-K
Special Order

I just drove back from hanging out with my sandblaster. Inside her house we could hear the wind roar and the house crack and creak. Snow drifts all the way home. Fun fun. It sure was a pretty ride out there this afternoon, rolling hills in farmland white with snow. A postcard drive.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 01-09-2022 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-09-2022, 05:17 AM   #39
LT7A

Went over the past by Mount Hood in Oregon over the holidays. Glare ice going up the east side of it with compact snow between the up and the down lanes. Some guy in a late model import pickup driving up tight behind me on the ice trying to get me to close up the gap between me and a car in front of me. No chance. I drive in ice and snow calculating how far it would take me to stop if something happened in front of me and leave that distance between me and the guy in front of me. So I can stop in time, even if he doesn't keep moving. So the guy behind me is so close he can tell that I recently installed a 7 pin plug for trailers on my 93 OBS. Up ahead of us there're four cars and then about a quarter of a mile and three more cars behind a semi truck. We come to a part where there is an uphill passing lane and there is nobody coming down. I calmly put on my blinker, I'm in four wheel drive, pull out of the ice and into the compact snow and just start chugging up the passing lane. Get into the quarter mile gap, close that up, and chug my way around the other cars and into the open air in front of the slow-going semi truck. Mr. Import is nowhere to be seen. He made it clear that he thought I was being too tentative in leaving the stopping gap in front of me, but no confidence in his vehicle or his ability to use the road the way it's intended, even without any oncoming traffic. I was glad to get him out of my rearview mirror since he had been filling it up for about 25 miles.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:55 AM   #40
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Went over the past by Mount Hood in Oregon over the holidays. Glare ice going up the east side of it with compact snow between the up and the down lanes. Some guy in a late model import pickup driving up tight behind me on the ice trying to get me to close up the gap between me and a car in front of me. No chance. I drive in ice and snow calculating how far it would take me to stop if something happened in front of me and leave that distance between me and the guy in front of me. So I can stop in time, even if he doesn't keep moving. So the guy behind me is so close he can tell that I recently installed a 7 pin plug for trailers on my 93 OBS. Up ahead of us there're four cars and then about a quarter of a mile and three more cars behind a semi truck. We come to a part where there is an uphill passing lane and there is nobody coming down. I calmly put on my blinker, I'm in four wheel drive, pull out of the ice and into the compact snow and just start chugging up the passing lane. Get into the quarter mile gap, close that up, and chug my way around the other cars and into the open air in front of the slow-going semi truck. Mr. Import is nowhere to be seen. He made it clear that he thought I was being too tentative in leaving the stopping gap in front of me, but no confidence in his vehicle or his ability to use the road the way it's intended, even without any oncoming traffic. I was glad to get him out of my rearview mirror since he had been filling it up for about 25 miles.
It sounds like you were driving with common sense. Something that seems to be sorely lacking these days.

I drive mostly 2 lane roads and it never fails that I get someone that's in a way bigger hurry than I am in my mirror.

I am not a slow poke by any means. I drive safely. I have no problem going fast, just not everywhere. Road conditions and weather dictate my speed. I'm not going to take chances because some guy behind me thinks he's Dale Earnhardt or left 5 minutes later than he should have.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:36 AM   #41
special-K
Special Order

I don't care if it is a bright clear sunny day with no wind, I hang back and relax at a safe distance between myself and the vehicle in front. But the compulsive imp drivers will get right up on my tail. "Don't you see the five cars ahead of me? Even you did have the power to make me speed up, I can't!". Brain like a tick is how I describe those drivers. Only one thing they know, go as fast as they can till they can't anymore.

One day this guy was on my tail and it was really annoying me. Up ahead I saw a trash can laid over in the road, blown by the wind. I knew he was too close to me to see what I could see, so waited till the last second and whipped my vehicle left to swerve around it. Looked in my mirrors and there he goes ramming that can straight-on sending it up over his roof . I could see his face and everything. I thought, "Maybe now you know the reason to not follow so close

How many times have you seen a car riding your tail with a headlight knocked out, busted grille, mashed hood, or other front end damage? I always think to myself, "I guess you didn't learn your lesson"

Or different color front end parts all smashed up? Now that one is a slow learner right there

Hey Leon! This morning it is misting freezing rain. So fine a mist you can barely detect it. But my windshield is iced over. It will change over to a steady rain all day. I say this is the curse cast upon us due to all those cussing the snow, Bone chilling rain... yuck! Now our snow is getting all messed up

Tim

Old 01-09-2022, 04:09 PM   #42
LT7A

Quote:
I don't care if it is a bright clear sunny day with no wind, I hang back and relax at a safe distance between myself and the vehicle in front. But the compulsive imp drivers will get right up on my tail. "Don't you see the five cars ahead of me? Even you did have the power to make me speed up, I can't!". Brain like a tick is how I describe those drivers. Only one thing they know, go as fast as they can till they can't anymore.

One day this guy was on my tail and it was really annoying me. Up ahead I saw a trash can laid over in the road, blown by the wind. I knew he was too close to me to see what I could see, so waited till the last second and whipped my vehicle left to swerve around it. Looked in my mirrors and there he goes ramming that can straight-on sending it up over his roof . I could see his face and everything. I thought, "Maybe now you know the reason to not follow so close

How many times have you seen a car riding your tail with a headlight knocked out, busted grille, mashed hood, or other front end damage? I always think to myself, "I guess you didn't learn your lesson"

Or different color front end parts all smashed up? Now that one is a slow learner right there
Haha, yup. It's like the car with a smashed left quarter that pulls out and cuts you off. Say to myself, that's not the first time they've done that.

Last edited by LT7A; 01-09-2022 at 06:09 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:22 AM   #43
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:

Hey Leon! This morning it is misting freezing rain. So fine a mist you can barely detect it. But my windshield is iced over. It will change over to a steady rain all day. I say this is the curse cast upon us due to all those cussing the snow, Bone chilling rain... yuck! Now our snow is getting all messed up
I see it all the time. People with relatively new cars all banged up driving like fools. I guess that they just don't learn. My truck is banged up and it's not one color but that's the way I got it. I've never put a scratch on it.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:09 PM   #44
LockDoc
The Older Generation

[QUOTE=special-K;9016806

Hey Leon! This morning it is misting freezing rain. So fine a mist you can barely detect it. But my windshield is iced over. It will change over to a steady rain all day. I say this is the curse cast upon us due to all those cussing the snow, Bone chilling rain... yuck! Now our snow is getting all messed up [/QUOTE]

We had that Saturday. Last two days nice and sunny but cold. Supposed to be in the low 40's for the next 3 days. Comin' your way!... ..

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:26 PM   #45
special-K
Special Order

C-c-cold today. Plenty of sun, but that air was sharp. Not crazy temps, low 70s with a steady stiff breeze. Definitely had an arctic quality to it. No rain or snow all week and Leon's 40-45. Tomorrow is that second sunny cold day, a bit colder than today. Clear skies tonight. You know what that means. Cold.

What we are watching is some wet weather (low) coming up the coast off the Gulf (SW) that may time out with a cold front (high) out of the NW. That's the cocktail that brings us the big snows. The moist low stalls the cold front over top of us. They get together and have their fun. They call that a Northeaster, what New Englanders call a Nor'easter. I call it snow!

Tim

Old 01-11-2022, 10:49 AM   #46
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

I do think someone forgot to pay the MD heat bill. I am glad I missed the 2nd round of snow. I left out of here last Tuesday and headed for FL to see my son and his family for the week. Was not even sure about leaving on time last week. I had to take a 79 C10 short wide down to my son and the roads were still nasty when it was time to leave. my tow pig is only 2wd but everything work out fine. Roads cleared up about 25 miles into the trip. It was perfect down there high 70's all week other than one day it got up to mid 80's. Left there yesterday morning at 78* in flip flops and got out of the truck at midnight still in flip flops to 26*. Did not take long to get in the house.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 02:08 PM   #47
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
It was perfect down there high 70's all week other than one day it got up to mid 80's. Left there yesterday morning at 78* in flip flops and got out of the truck at midnight still in flip flops to 26*. Did not take long to get in the house.

Yesterday was that cold arctic air, dry and cold that cuts like a knife. I was ok because I was dressed right. But they don't call this place Mt. Airy for nothing. If air is moving anywhere, it's moving here more. It's a railroad town of the first commercial RR in America, the B&O. It was an Irish RR worker putting the line in who coined the name, from working in the wind every day.

The worst places are the gas stations and shopping centers, nothing to block the wind. I go in the beer store and as I'm putting my 12-pack on the counter I say, "It's too cold to even think about buying beer". He knows me at this point, so he says, "Just drink it impulsively, right?". "Right. I won't be drinking it outside"

Then I go into the grocery store. Don't have to worry about the beer getting warn. It was a shivering walk across the lot. Get inside and there's a guy wearing flip-flops. I shouldn't let the shorts and flip-flops in cold weather bother me, but it does. Let the fools be could, it's their right. It's more that there are sop many, more and more. This monkey see monkey do mentality is what bugs me most... at the cost of personal comfort. Give me a break!
I'm in rare form, so I walk up to this guy and say, "I can't give you money for shoes but here's $5 so you can at least buy yourself some socks", as I hold a 5 out. He seemed stunned . I would have let him have the five if he grabbed it, but he scooted out.

Tim

Old 01-15-2022, 08:59 AM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Hey Leon! I see you are sitting in more snow again. We will be seeing some of that tomorrow afternoon. We had the recipe for a big one, with wet weather drifting up from the Gulf (SW) mixed with a cold front from the NW. But now it looks like, even though temps will be below freezing, it will start as snow (3-6" here), turn to sleet, then freezing rain, then just cold rain. Rain at night with temps below freezing . That's how it is in this Mid-Atlantic region. air masses can mix and sometimes the warmer moist air rises over the cold and rains through it. They aren't talking about a lot of ice, but it sure looks like it to me

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/nor-e...unday/38776326

Tim

Old 01-15-2022, 12:04 PM   #49
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Hey Leon! I see you are sitting in more snow again. We will be seeing some of that tomorrow afternoon. We had the recipe for a big one, with wet weather drifting up from the Gulf (SW) mixed with a cold front from the NW. But now it looks like, even though temps will be below freezing, it will start as snow (3-6" here), turn to sleet, then freezing rain, then just cold rain. Rain at night with temps below freezing . That's how it is in this Mid-Atlantic region. air masses can mix and sometimes the warmer moist air rises over the cold and rains through it. They aren't talking about a lot of ice, but it sure looks like it to me

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/nor-e...unday/38776326

Yep, we got close to 10 and Des Moines airport got an official 14". New record for them.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:42 PM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Whoa Nelly, a new record? We would have had quite a snow if not for the borderline temps, location, and mixed bag of precip. In way Western MD, where my mom is, it will be all snow. They are expected about 18". Back in '10 we got a Nor'easter that brought 36". But that wasn't good enough, so another hit us in a couple days that dumped 30". I heard that second one was coming and I was up on my flatter roofs shoveling them off. Many structures came down from that one

Tim