The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2022, 11:55 PM   #2101
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Haha, mouse droppings. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat chocolate sprinkles again. By the way, Australians have a really peculiar name for sprinkles, does anybody else know what it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Yeah. Thanks for ruining chocolate sprinkles for me too Leon.

They really do look like mouse poop.

I have no idea what the Australians call sprinkles... Dingo's?

The sprinkles were store brand and they didn't have the best flavor, but they weren't too bad on top of the white powdered sugar frosting. All you have to do is close your eyes when you eat them. I usually have one in the morning before I turn on the lights...

I don't know what the Aussies call them either.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:02 AM   #2102
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
The sprinkles were store brand and they didn't have the best flavor, but they weren't too bad on top of the white powdered sugar frosting. All you have to do is close your eyes when you eat them. I usually have one in the morning before I turn on the lights...

I don't know what the Aussies call them either.

LockDoc
Well I really don't care what they look like or what they call them. I love chocolate sprinkles. They were my favorite on a donut as a kid.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:45 PM   #2103
LT7A

Quote:
Well I really don't care what they look like or what they call them. I love chocolate sprinkles. They were my favorite on a donut as a kid.
I still greatly enjoy donuts of that variety. I may have to give it a week or two to forget Leon's description and then I can go back to eating them with reckless abandon. Or at least occasionally.

One of my buddies works for an Australian company and travels there occasionally. They call sprinkles: hundreds and thousands. My buddy told me that and I couldn't even make sense of it. But I watch an automotive YouTube show and they happened to mention them in passing as if it was a normal term that everyone would understand. From what I understand, it's the term they use for all sprinkles, but here is the only example I could find easily.
Attached Images

Last edited by LT7A; 01-23-2022 at 02:55 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:58 PM   #2104
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Made headway on the vanity .
That looks cool.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:47 PM   #2105
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
I still greatly enjoy donuts of that variety. I may have to give it a week or two to forget Leon's description and then I can go back to eating them with reckless abandon. Or at least occasionally.

One of my buddies works for an Australian company and travels there occasionally. They call sprinkles: hundreds and thousands. My buddy told me that and I couldn't even make sense of it. But I watch an automotive YouTube show and they happened to mention them in passing as if it was a normal term that everyone would understand. From what I understand, it's the term they use for all sprinkles, but here is the only example I could find easily.
Dr. Oetker. Hundreds and Thousands? I would have never guessed sprinkles with that name. That name sounds like a busy gynecologist to me.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-23-2022, 05:56 PM   #2106
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Dr. Oetker. Hundreds and Thousands? I would have never guessed sprinkles with that name. That name sounds like a busy gynecologist to me.
A busy gynecologist would be seeing millions of little...bits.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:28 PM   #2107
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
A busy gynecologist would be seeing millions of little...bits.
-
So it's going from Mouse droppings to worse things.... ..

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 09:10 PM   #2108
special-K
Special Order

They are called "Jimmies" around here. We have a Jimmy Cone in town. One of two. This one is the second one. That is where our cruise-in night happens

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:07 AM   #2109
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
They are called "Jimmies" around here. We have a Jimmy Cone in town. One of two. This one is the second one. That is where our cruise-in night happens
Jimmies???

That's just...

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 01-24-2022, 09:49 AM   #2110
67C10Step

Wife and I decided to get out of the house Saturday and go check out some waterfalls. First photo is her driving through Car Wash Falls but it was mostly frozen. Second one is crossing Hurricane Creek. She was a bit nervous driving across this but I told her to just idle through and we made it without problem.
Attached Images

2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:31 PM   #2111
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Wife discovered our water heater is rusted through and has started slowly leaking. Checked the two local sources and ordered one. Should be here in 3 - 4 days.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:43 PM   #2112
In The Ten Ring

Most interesting thing I did today was figure out how many towels the last rental group managed to stain.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:57 AM   #2113
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Sugar Cookies to start off the day. I ran out of Chocolate Chip Cookies yesterday so I needed to bake something. I tried this recipe once before but it called for orange juice and I didn't care for them. I left the orange juice out and put chocolate milk in place of it. They taste a lot better this time. YUMMMMY!

Mouse droppings on some, plain white frosting others and some plain.

I had to put my initials on the big one so no one would eat it....

LockDoc
Quote:
Haha, mouse droppings. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat chocolate sprinkles again. By the way, Australians have a really peculiar name for sprinkles, does anybody else know what it is?
Quote:
Yeah. Thanks for ruining chocolate sprinkles for me too Leon.

They really do look like mouse poop.

I have no idea what the Australians call sprinkles... Dingo's?
Speaking of chocolate sprinkles, just this morning I emptied all the contents in a kitchen drawer after spotting chocolate sprinkles donated by an unwanted guest. I cleaned out the drawer and washed any 'chocolate' residue (possibly the other stuff as well) off. I just had the drawer at the opposite end pulled to fasten that countertop extension I made. I don't remember buying or using any chocolate sprinkles, but some were in there and have been cleaned up. While the drawer was out I saw what I can do to halt the sprinkle donations and will be outside shortly to make up custom 'sprinkle blockers'
Name:  DSCN0062.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  34.9 KB
Name:  DSCN0063.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  40.9 KB

I don't know if I showed a picture of the counter extension for the microwave all finished up, but I decided to make a rack beneath it to stash the cutting board
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-25-2022, 09:11 AM   #2114
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
The oak came out of my barn . Not sure how old the oak is but the barn pre-dates the civil war these were in the horse stalls , so they have been added later. Just going to oil them up let the 100 + year patina show

Test piece the darker area is BLO the center is clear laquer far right natural . I like the natural but in a bath it needs to be sealed
I like to use about a 60/40 mix of boiled linseed oil and odorless mineral spirits. It seals very well, and when you feel it's looking leached out, just wipe clean and brush more on. Never a chip, never re-sand (unless the wood gets impact damage), so much easier and enrichens the wood sweetly. If you don't like that idea, in my downstairs bath, which has walls of Douglas Fir porch ceiling, I use a Varathane product. Not sure if still available
. I still have a can. It, too, is an oil type finish that is as easy to apply as the linseed/mineral spirits. Almost looks like a poly when first applied, but mellows into a more natural looking finish
That is coming out nice. Are you going to install a toilet to match the vanity basin? Would go great with the rustic woodsy leaf theme. Also could save money on toilet paper
Name:  DSCN0065.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  42.7 KB

The backsplash in my kitchen has had an ugly gap since building & installing the countertop 30 some years ago. With giving attention to the kitchen I decided it was time to finish that up. I was hung up on wanting to make a filler between backsplash and log wall. Other than the irregular surface, it has about a 2" taper. I decided to try making a ledge to sit on top with a slight reveal
Name:  DSCN0052.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  DSCN0050.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  40.4 KB
Name:  DSCN0054.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  54.8 KB

No need for caulk
Attached Images

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 01-25-2022 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:44 PM   #2115
LT7A

That looks nice! Good work on scribing to the wall.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:12 PM   #2116
72c20customcamper

Quote:
I like to use about a 60/40 mix of boiled linseed oil and odorless mineral spirits. It seals very well, and when you feel it's looking leached out, just wipe clean and brush more on. Never a chip, never re-sand (unless the wood gets impact damage), so much easier and enrichens the wood sweetly. If you don't like that idea, in my downstairs bath, which has walls of Douglas Fir porch ceiling, I use a Varathane product. Not sure if still available
. I still have a can. It, too, is an oil type finish that is as easy to apply as the linseed/mineral spirits. Almost looks like a poly when first applied, but mellows into a more natural looking finish
That is coming out nice. Are you going to install a toilet to match the vanity basin? Would go great with the rustic woodsy leaf theme. Also could save money on toilet paper
Attachment 2161564

The backsplash in my kitchen has had an ugly gap since building & installing the countertop 30 some years ago. With giving attention to the kitchen I decided it was time to finish that up. I was hung up on wanting to make a filler between backsplash and log wall. Other than the irregular surface, it has about a 2" taper. I decided to try making a ledge to sit on top with a slight reveal
Attachment 2161565
Attachment 2161566
Attachment 2161567

No need for caulk
Looks great .

I thin the blo too. Today I used some epoxy to fill some knots and worm holes . Used dewaxed shallac to seal the wood first hope the small cracks don’t get worse but I can always do a couple of bow ties if they do
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:47 PM   #2117
special-K
Special Order

Thanks, LT7A. I was apprehensive about it, but got my head into slow down be the craftsman mode and it went fairly well. Back to the saw once for refinement cutting. That was the second piece, which I had to make a 20 mile round trip for and spend about $25 (oak 1 x 4 x 8'). The first piece was an old 1 x 6 I had in my stash. I had ripped it down to a closer width, carefully scribed, then went to the router to round the edges over. I wish I had routed the edge first. I found the right bit, was a small shank, so put it in a small router I have only used a couple times. Carefully got the depth set just right and sampled on some scrap wood. Good to go! It gets locked to depth with a paddle-type fastener. You know, flip it up to loosen and set, then flip it down to lock. I'm gliding it along the edge and notice the router is bogging more and more. lift it from the stock to see it was cutting deeper and deeper into the wood. Ruined it! The locking mechanism was not tight enough to hold it, and there was not enough width in the stock to rip and make another pass. How it got loosened is a mystery to me. Argh!!

Mark, that's clear like resin? That's a nice way to fill natural voids. I have a threshold in my house with a 4" long and probably 1/2" deep divit/knot/worm hole, or whatever it is. It's made from an attic floor board out of an old log place I did work on 30 years ago. I also made my stairs with that wood, oak. It's hard to clean that spot out and after 30 years I'm getting tired of it. Just the other day, after getting it good and cleaned out, I was at the hardware store looking for resin but that didn't have any. I used it on a kitchen countertop I made for for this artsy gal. She put glitter in the resin after I poured it. I'm working over there now and was looking at it. Not my thing, but pretty cool idea.

Today I spent about all day doing what I thought would be a simple morning job. Fixing it so mice can't get into under my kitchen sink and into the drawers. I did finally get it done, so no more cleaning chocolate sprinkles out and washing every utensil in the drawer. I had to be a contortionist to get it done. I'll be a hurtin' unit after doing that. Already feel it some in my neck and back. Damn mice!!

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 01-26-2022 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:38 PM   #2118
72c20customcamper

Quote:
So that's clear, like resin? That's a nice way to fill natural voids. I have a threshold in my house with a 4" long and probably 1/2" deep divit/knot/worm hole, or whatever it is. It's made from an attic floor board out of an old log place I did work on 30 years ago. I also made my stairs with that wood, oak. It's hard to clean that spot out and after 30 years I'm getting tired of it. Just the other day, after getting it good and cleaned out, I was at the hardware store looking for resin but that didn't have any. I used it on a kitchen countertop I made for for this artsy gal. She put glitter in the resin after I poured it. I'm working over there now and was looking at it. Not my thing, but pretty cool idea.

Today I spent about all day doing what I thought would be a simple morning job. Fixing it so mice can't get into under my kitchen sink and into the drawers. I did finally get it done, so no more cleaning chocolate sprinkles out and washing every utensil in the drawer. I had to be a contortionist to get it done. I'll be a hurtin' unit after doing that. Already feel it some in my neck and back. Damn mice!!
Epoxy resin for thick pours. I'm using just to fill voids . Then I'm going to sand the whole thing and use waterlox on it . Give it a nice satin sheen
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:34 PM   #2119
Willowrun

Quote:
That looks nice! Good work on scribing to the wall.
I agree...that's a great solution and execution.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:47 PM   #2120
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Screeded a bunch of river rock to get the dirt and cypress needles out of that mess, and put the rocks on the parkway between the bigger rocks. My aching back! Didn't finish it off, I had a boneless leg of lamb on the rotisserie that I only wanted cooked, not burnt. I've had enough of that. I'm NOT a cook. This bad boy came out done all the way through, and not incinerated. I'm at a point where I realize that while I really like lamb, I like t-bones even more. Now, if that stuff didn't cost an arm and a leg...like the lamb didn't. I was at CostCo Saturday, and beef was at stunning prices.

As for the aching back, I'm looking at engine rebuild/replace options, and realizing that I'm probably not going to be able to do the work myself. Given that I don't like depending on other people to do my work, and that I used to be able to do it all, it's humbling to see that I'm simply getting old, and just can't do it.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:21 AM   #2121
In The Ten Ring

Let's see....

Daily reading.

Went to the library.

Mailed a renter $4.00 I had forgotten to refund to him after his checkout.

Inspected my ski condo.

Took my wife out to eat. We finally found a restaurant that was both open and served pizza (had great pizza).

Just decided on where to go for spring skiing. (Will be Vermont or Maine).
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:42 AM   #2122
Gregski
Post Whore

i luv this thread, and I was [ahem] finally forced to fix the stupid car alarm on my daughters Mazda 3 that started going off all by itself, you guessed it in the middle of the night

I followed this video, please check it out, you'll get a kick out of it:

Car Alarm Keeps Going Off - How To Fix It
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:17 PM   #2123
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowrun View Post
I agree...that's a great solution and execution.
Thanks! Wouldn't you know, I just got fired from my carpenter job because my borderline certifiable boss said I don't have a carpenter's skill set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Screeded a bunch of river rock to get the dirt and cypress needles out of that mess, and put the rocks on the parkway between the bigger rocks. My aching back! Didn't finish it off, I had a boneless leg of lamb on the rotisserie that I only wanted cooked, not burnt. I've had enough of that. I'm NOT a cook. This bad boy came out done all the way through, and not incinerated. I'm at a point where I realize that while I really like lamb, I like t-bones even more. Now, if that stuff didn't cost an arm and a leg...like the lamb didn't. I was at CostCo Saturday, and beef was at stunning prices.

As for the aching back, I'm looking at engine rebuild/replace options, and realizing that I'm probably not going to be able to do the work myself. Given that I don't like depending on other people to do my work, and that I used to be able to do it all, it's humbling to see that I'm simply getting old, and just can't do it.
I know how you feel. It's getting hard to do some things that toque on you back, and other muscles. But maybe you still can do that engine install pacing yourself... and wearing a brace!. I just did work under/inside my kitchen cabinet yesterday. Something I dread the thought of, same as working under the dash of a vehicle or leaning in under the hood to do mechanics. I had to be a contortionist to get my head, arm, and tape or screw gun inside that cabinet. I was hurting as I did it. I tightened up last night and knew what I was in for. I popped an Advil PM (also don't sleep so well, many nights) and it's not so bad today. I'm not sure if stopping or continuing and dealing with pain is best. So far I've been going with the latter
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
Let's see....

Daily reading.

Went to the library.

Mailed a renter $4.00 I had forgotten to refund to him after his checkout.

Inspected my ski condo.

Took my wife out to eat. We finally found a restaurant that was both open and served pizza (had great pizza).

Just decided on where to go for spring skiing. (Will be Vermont or Maine).
Sounds productive. Especially making the plan for a ski trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
i luv this thread, and I was [ahem] finally forced to fix the stupid car alarm on my daughters Mazda 3 that started going off all by itself, you guessed it in the middle of the night

I followed this video, please check it out, you'll get a kick out of it:

Car Alarm Keeps Going Off - How To Fix It
Good thing you didn't grab a gun and end up with the neighborhood locked down! It usually takes me about 5 minute working on a newer vehicle to start talking to myself, as well as the engineers who designed the vehicle chuckling all the while picturing me trying to get my hand back in there threading a screw using my index and middle finger! What ever happened to the advantage of opposable thumbs??!!

Tim

Old 01-26-2022, 09:36 PM   #2124
Boog
laying low

K [Thanks! Wouldn't you know, I just got fired from my carpenter job because my borderline certifiable boss said I don't have a carpenter's skill set. ]

Carpenter's skill set? So what does he mean, you are NOT sloppy and fast? Profit above all else right?
You and I weren't brought up that way.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 12:19 AM   #2125
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Sorry to hear you got fired Tim. I’m sure with your talents you’ll rebound quick.

I bought some new rear shoes for the Camaro today. 275/40/ZR20 BFG Sport Comp 2’s. Pricey little bastards. Going to swap the fronts to another set of 9” wide rear wheels so I can run 275’s or 305’s all the way around.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote