The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
f66

F66 Custom Camper Build

Meet "Gross" my 1966 Custom Camper I bought in October 2016. The truck is called Gross because of the gross weight placards that came with the truck, and because the first words from my wife when she saw the truck was GROSS! LoL. So here is the story. I bought this truck to use as a daily driver and haul my 66 corvette. The inspiration comes from a picture of the trucks used to haul Roger Penske's race cars. My initial criteria was a C20 3/4 ton in good original shape, minimal rust, to use as a the starting point for the build. The truck came from Washington state, and the second owners son, who sold the truck after his dad passed. I feel very fortunate to have two build sheets and the SPID. (I have lot's of pictures in my profile.) I had the truck shipped to Maryland where I live, and started research and planning the build. My initial plan for the truck was a crate engine, driveline update, and brake update. After receiving the truck and looking at its originality and well preserved condition, I have decided to restore the truck and make updates that can be reversed if a future owner or i decide to go back to factory.
Attached Images

Last edited by f66; 01-15-2018 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Mis-spelled word custom
f66 is offline   Reply With Quote