The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2023, 08:24 AM   #276
special-K
Special Order

Re: Severe cold weather and a white Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
I’ve have a history of bronchitis so hard coughing isn’t anything new but the bronchitis is a dry hacking cough . This was a very wet cough so I knew it wasn’t my “norm” . I did lose weight no appetite at all and very weak . Was way worse than the Covid I had last fall .
I know the cough and all the rest. When I had a really high fever I saw a doctor who gave me horse pill antibiotics. I fought through it at home using Theraflu. I sweated all night, changed bedding daily. Theraflu every 6 hours meant two hours before feeling relieve, two hours feeling less miserable and less coughing, two hours back to miserable before Theraflu with two more hours before some relief. I lost 30#. All muscle it seemed. Never got the muscle back. I was alone with my son in 9th grade. He was in the ski club and I'll never forget days he had ski trips (once a week). They'd get back to the school about 11pm. I'd bundle up, scarf wrapped tight, and head to school to wait in the vehicle. It was the most miserable time I can recall.

I had Covid in August. It lasted a few days with one day I did nothing (Sat). I wasn't even sure I had it. I had visited my mom the weekend before. She called to let me know I should test myself because someone she was exposed to ended up having it. That's why I tested, and the result was positive. When I came down with I was doing a job where I skimmed all the plaster walls of a bedroom. I was achy the next day, but that's work I wasn't used to. Next day was sanding it all. I was wearing a dust mask but still sneezed a lot, it was tiring, I was sweating a lot, and made me sore. That was Friday. I had windows open, 90* day, and the job would be miserable in my best health. I was able to go back and paint on Monday. My temperature was slightly elevated when I checked. With pneumonia I felt great when it dropped to 100-101 for a couple hours

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 09:54 AM   #277
dave6672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
The last 6 days I’ve had pneumonia real bad I was in the ER all day on Monday got there at 9 am they didn’t release me till 11pm . ER wasn’t busy at all the whole time I was there . Had me on a IV antibiotic drips two different types several rounds of inhalation therapy with Vetolin and steroids mixture. Only good thing I never needed O2 . Today is the first day I was able to go outside ,got tired real quick . Reason I pretense this is I had to get ready for a supposedly a severe Nor’easter spanning Monday through Wednesday I’m in the 2-3 zone . Glad I’ll be able to get out and plow .
If I recall correctly, you had been below average on snowfall this year - I guess it's making up for it in one hit. Hope you get feeling better soon!

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:10 AM   #278
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

You got off easy with Covid. Either that or I got a raw deal. It about killed me. Well it technically did. I stopped breathing twice and turned blue when I was in ICU and then another 2 1/2 weeks in isolation. I remember little to nothing about it because the hospital kept me higher than a kite. That was in October and I still walk with a cane. I'm not sure if that was from Covid or the fall I took which I think was due to me being out of it because I was a lot sicker than I thought. My wife said that I was rambling nonsense and couldn't walk or move my head. She called the ambulance and saved my life. Silly girl, she had a chance to get rid of me and didn't take it.

And all this stuff about hearing voices calling you and a bright light when you die? Eh. Didn't happen to me. I think they saw me coming and turned the lights off.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:23 AM   #279
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6672 View Post
If I recall correctly, you had been below average on snowfall this year - I guess it's making up for it in one hit. Hope you get feeling better soon!
Our March is trying to make up for our record warm Jan/Feb, but still no snow other than in the sky. No precipitation was called for on Saturday but I ran through a snow squall on my way to a swap meet. I didn't set up because it was cold with 30mph winds. I wore clothes I haven't worn all winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
You got off easy with Covid. Either that or I got a raw deal. It about killed me. Well it technically did. I stopped breathing twice and turned blue when I was in ICU and then another 2 1/2 weeks in isolation. I remember little to nothing about it because the hospital kept me higher than a kite. That was in October and I still walk with a cane. I'm not sure if that was from Covid or the fall I took which I think was due to me being out of it because I was a lot sicker than I thought. My wife said that I was rambling nonsense and couldn't walk or move my head. She called the ambulance and saved my life. Silly girl, she had a chance to get rid of me and didn't take it.

And all this stuff about hearing voices calling you and a bright light when you die? Eh. Didn't happen to me. I think they saw me coming and turned the lights off.
I know. I feel bad telling how Covid was no big deal for me, knowing so many have suffered or died. I lost a good friend when Covid first came to town and I miss him.

R.I.P. Terry Grable. Many are missing one fine man
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-13-2023, 10:47 AM   #280
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Yes we’re way low on snow . March snows aren’t like February this time of year heavy wet snow but it’s gone in a few days . Going to be 50s and rain by Saturday
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 11:56 AM   #281
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post

Glad you pulled thru Paul, this board would be a lot more boring without your BS

Lol I guess that’s when you find out if they really love you or not. You better keep this one around as long as you can! Covid is a wild one. We’ve had it twice about a year apart and the delta variant was way worse than omicron. My wife ran a fever for 2 weeks straight with delta. We never had any of the breathing issues, but I’m pretty much figuring I’ll never smell things right again. My sense of smell is very weak still 1.5 years later. I’ve been sicker than I was with either variant of Covid but never sick quite like I was with Covid if that makes sense. I was fine enough to go work outside at the house during the day with delta but I swear I was fighting the devil at night. Omicron was the equivalent a bad cold and nothing more for all my family.
Mark, hope you continue to mend.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:40 PM   #282
Grumpy old man

spring has arrived ! Almost ...
Attached Images

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:12 PM   #283
special-K
Special Order

Got kinda chilly here over the weekend but warming up this week. Looks like rain Thurs, Fri, & Sat. I have a Fri/Sat indoor swap meet to set up at on Thursday. I wish It would wait till Friday since I don't have my Suburban to haul with. Open pickup and rain don't mix

Tim

Old 03-20-2023, 09:32 PM   #284
Ironhorse

Like a lot of the country we've have been riding a roller coaster for weather thru this winter. Very little snow, some really cold temps followed by a brief warm up and then the temps drop like a rock again. Just yesterday our morning wake up temp was 11 degrees, tomorrow we're supposed to hit mid 60s in the afternoon and mid 70s Weds. Crazy.

Tim, understand about the Suburban vrs. the truck and rain thing. For past several years I have pulling a 5 x 10 utility trailer to swap meets with my old work car, '88 Caprice Broughm LS 4 door. Worked pretty well except was a pain to tarp in case of rain and here in Kansas the wind nearly ALWAYS blows, specially when you don't want it to.

This past December I bought my new to me OBS daily driver, a '99 Tahoe, 2 WD. Cargo doors and a six foot covered flat floor inside. Put my six 3' x 6' folding tables and all my swap meet goodies inside and away I went. Tahoe was full but worked so much easier than the utility trailer. Think I'm gonna like having a HIS and HERS Tahoe in the family, LOL.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 08:48 AM   #285
special-K
Special Order

Yeah Mike, I love the Suburban for Carlisle. I sleep in my vehicle up there. I also have a cap for the '72 but its a tin can inside. I froze in that thing on a 22* night during Spring Carlisle. This upcoming swap meet is up the road at the Ag Center, about 10 miles away. The rain won't affect the meet since it's a huge inside area, also with outside spaces, who will be screwed this year. Being inside with only a 10x10 space I had planned to bring items that can't get wet that are more valuable. Now I'm thinking heavy things like hard parts and wheels that are expensive to ship. I don't expect to bring home as much money. The heavy stuff is what I usually bring to Carlisle. Oh well, it's March afterall. It's nearby, home each evening, only a $55 investment. Plus, I wouldn't be working due to the rain anyway. My attitude now is "something to do". I'll have friends stopping in to hang out. Maybe I'll sell a steering wheel or some hubcaps

First full day of spring! Frost on the lilies this morning, going up to 62*, sunshiny day... perfect!

Tim

Old 03-22-2023, 07:02 AM   #286
sakustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah Mike, I love the Suburban for Carlisle. I sleep in my vehicle up there. I also have a cap for the '72 but its a tin can inside. I froze in that thing on a 22* night during Spring Carlisle. This upcoming swap meet is up the road at the Ag Center, about 10 miles away. The rain won't affect the meet since it's a huge inside area, also with outside spaces, who will be screwed this year. Being inside with only a 10x10 space I had planned to bring items that can't get wet that are more valuable. Now I'm thinking heavy things like hard parts and wheels that are expensive to ship. I don't expect to bring home as much money. The heavy stuff is what I usually bring to Carlisle. Oh well, it's March afterall. It's nearby, home each evening, only a $55 investment. Plus, I wouldn't be working due to the rain anyway. My attitude now is "something to do". I'll have friends stopping in to hang out. Maybe I'll sell a steering wheel or some hubcaps

First full day of spring! Frost on the lilies this morning, going up to 62*, sunshiny day... perfect!
Ok the quoted part here made me think of the Partridge family song so thanks for that. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OznUQnkrC-w
sakustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:20 AM   #287
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
Ok the quoted part here made me think of the Partridge family song so thanks for that. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OznUQnkrC-w
I truly apologize for that

Maybe this will help

Tim

Old 03-22-2023, 09:12 AM   #288
sakustoms

Quote:
I truly apologize for that

Maybe this will help

KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man [TopPop].VOB - YouTube
Thanks again lol

But that leads right into this.

Old 03-22-2023, 09:58 AM   #289
dave6672

From a few years ago but a good example of a March snowfall in KY. My daughter built a snowman one day during a 3-4 inch snowfall. The second picture is the next day.
Attached Images

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
dave6672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:36 AM   #290
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
From a few years ago but a good example of a March snowfall in KY. My daughter built a snowman one day during a 3-4 inch snowfall. The second picture is the next day.

That's pretty good. Just enough left to make one nice snowball....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:37 AM   #291
Grumpy old man

Well back in December we were conserned about loosing power with the severe cold wave coming , So I went out and bought a Champion generator and an electric heater . Power never went out since then ? So after running it up for an hour back then it's been full of fuel and waiting covered up on the back deck , With the weather going up to the 70's in the next few days I'll run it up to the 5 hours it needs for the break in oil change add some fuel treatmen to it and wrap it up until the next time . The spare 5 gallons of fuel that's been sitting for the last 4 months will go into my 95 GMC K2500 and used around town . So I spent about $600.00 on the generator and accessories . I was waiting for the power to go out all winter ! I was ready for it ! I almost wished it would just so I could break out the new Genny !

I could have bought more truck parts !
Attached Images

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:44 PM   #292
LS short box

I just scraped the 2-3 inches of new snow off the driveway this afternoon. Running out of room to push it.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:44 AM   #293
special-K
Special Order

So I experienced the mildest winter in Maryland I have ever seen, all due to La Nina. Now we are coming out of that and going into El Nino. These air current patterns don't have much of any affect on the warm months, but next winter on the East Coast is expected to be colder with more snow. At least here in the lower Mid-Atlantic. It also means a lowered chance for hurricanes to hit the East Coast. It's good to know now so we can be better prepared.

Tim

Old 03-29-2023, 10:02 AM   #294
sakustoms

Quote:
So I experienced the mildest winter in Maryland I have ever seen, all due to La Nina. Now we are coming out of that and going into El Nino. These air current patterns don't have much of any affect on the warm months, but next winter on the East Coast is expected to be colder with more snow. At least here in the lower Mid-Atlantic. It also means a lowered chance for hurricanes to hit the East Coast. It's good to know now so we can be better prepared.
I want to be better prepared by retiring early and moving to Arizona.
Too bad there is zero chance of that actually happening in the next 5 years.