The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2020, 07:01 PM   #1
LS short box

New 1980 Camaro project.

So I had a 1980 Camaro RS follow me home a few weeks ago. It's a true time capsule. 28000 original miles. Zero rust. Interior is great. I had to replace the head liner. Dash has no cracks. Steering wheel is not sticky. Front and rear rubber bumpers are very nice. I bought it from the son of the original owner. He wasn't a car guy and he wanted it to go to a car guy not a flipper. It has some nicks and scratches but I'm not painting it leaving as is. All glass is very nice. Never been hit. The son gave me the original invoice ($7400 out the door), window sticker, owners manual, 1980 sales brochure and I found the build sheet under the rear seat and it was a Van Nuys build. By far the nicest project car I've done so far.
So so much for the good. The bad is it has the 229 V6 and 3 speed floor shift. The V6 was junk in 1980. Lucky I have L92 LS/4L60E in my shop. Front sheet metal is already off. Engine and trans comes out this weekend.
See a couple of pics.
Attached Images

LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote