The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2021, 08:24 PM   #1
ItWillBeSlow

Need recommendations for filler and single stage paint

I'm done with metal work and partly done with SPI Epoxy (cab only for now). I am about to start the filler phase and transition to high build and single stage paint on my truck.

Looking for recommendations for a quality single stage paint product/line to use. I realize this may be a "many correct answers" question. This is my first paint project, so bonus points for anything that may lay down easier or be newbie friendly compared to other products.. I will be doing this in a garage with a plastic and box fans booth. I have heard/read that urethane is not ideal without a forced air respirator... is this true?

I will be using OEM 510 Medium blue, so must be something I can pick up locally with this color. I went to PPGs website and was quickly overwhelmed by a million brand names and products. Something mid-level quality and above is what I am looking for.

Same question applies to filler. I see a million products out there. Overall my metal work looks nice and a skim coat is all Ill be using. I do have a dent on my rear body seam that needs to be built up a little thicker.

Thanks for any and all input!