The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
Mattyparty

Do not buy MMW controll arms for 55-59 porterbuilt dropmember

Long story short Michigan metalworks controll arms will not work for the 55-59 porterbuilt dropmembers. It will not layout. They may make a product eventually but currently it will not work.

Don't want anyone else making the mistake I did

Thanks
Old 06-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Jeebus

Re: Do not buy MMW controll arms for 55-59 porterbuilt dropmember

I would just like to add to this If i can please. I hope this does not violate the advertising rules, if it does i really do apologize.

But, first and for most, we do not sell any arms that are specific for the 55-59 Dropmember C10 Trucks.

Matthew ordered a set of arms for a 73-87 C10 truck narrowed 1", that is what he specifically asked for, via email, and that is what we built.

We build NOTHING specific for the 55-59 trucks, and we never claimed to also.

I don't want anyone to think we just sent him a product and it did not work like it was claimed it would, or anything along those lines.

Again, sorry if this violates the rules at all.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
Dan in Pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
I would just like to add to this If i can please. I hope this does not violate the advertising rules, if it does i really do apologize.

But, first and for most, we do not sell any arms that are specific for the 55-59 Dropmember C10 Trucks.

Matthew ordered a set of arms for a 73-87 C10 truck narrowed 1", that is what he specifically asked for, via email, and that is what we built.

We build NOTHING specific for the 55-59 trucks, and we never claimed to also.

I don't want anyone to think we just sent him a product and it did not work like it was claimed it would, or anything along those lines.

Again, sorry if this violates the rules at all.
I'm a long time member here and I don't know what the rules are about this but it seems to me that if someone posts something negative about a supplier, that supplier is only acting in his own defense to explain the situation.

If you don't make anything for the Task force series of trucks and someone buys with the intent to install it on other-than-what-it-was-designed for, he gets the results he gets. It's not anyone else's but his own fault if he's unhappy with the results. At least that's my opinion. Thanks for the head's up.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 06-23-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
Jeebus

I just did not want any confusion, but i just felt like the description made it sound like they were purchased off our site, as a regular product we sell for the 55-59 trucks. But we actually do not sell any as of yet. We have had customers use the budget series arms in the past on their 55-59 trucks with the dropmember, but we do not specifically sell such a product.

I tried my best to make it right regardless, offered a full refund. However, fedex damaged the arms beyond belief on the transit here, and he had to file a claim on them. I do not know the status of what they ended up paying him for them, I havent spoke to him yet about it.

Last edited by Jeebus; 06-23-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Jeebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
Mattyparty

Im not "slandering" MMW at all. Reason i purchased your product was because of the quality i saw it it.

I am informing other members that your current design will not work for the task force trucks equipped with porter built drop members.

When i requested the parts i did specifically say i was building a 55-59 chevy equipped with porterbuilt. I spoke to a representative from your company (via phone) as well as requested this via email

Ultimately the purpose of the above post was to keep others from making the same mistake i did.

Please see email below....

On Dec 2, 2013, at 2:26 PM, "MMW Info & Support" <info@michiganmetalworks.com> wrote:

> Invoice Sent!
>
>
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Matthew <matthew*********@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Taylor I would like to purchase the following. Let me know if I left anything out. Thank you for all your help.
>
> Porterbuilt control arms with the jeebus joint, details are below
>
> I am needing them to be 1 inch narrowed (I was told this was needed for the 1955-59 porterbuilt dropmember)
>
> I want them bare metal
>
> Set up to run the 73-87 drop spindle
>
> My PayPal address is m***************@gmail.com
>
> My shipping address is
>
> **** p**** ave
> Wichita ks, 67203
>
> Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Jeebus

Matthew,

I did not feel you were slandering us at all, im not sure why you put that in quotations, it was never said by me...... I even gladly offered you a full refund on the parts simply because you were not happy with them. I just wanted to make it clear, we do not offer a product that we sell specifically for the 55-59 trucks.

Honestly, when you ordered, you asked for dropmember arms, that was in the first email you sent, when you sent your order over. You specified you wanted them narrowed 1" that was it, not as a recommendation by us at all. The email your posting is a bit of a ways down the chain of emails we sent that day. I honestly may have overlooked that in the 7th email in the chain, in parenthesis you said you were told they needed narrowed 1" for the 55-59.

I just wanted to make it clear that i was not selling you control arms we advertise as being built by us to work with the 55-59 dropmember. We offer no such product.

again, i dont feel you were slandering us at all. And even if you were, that is your decision to make.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
55dude

good response by supplier! Mattyparty be glad you are dealing with somebody who actually responds and wants things right, unlike if you were dealing with JAMCO! google them and you will feel fortunate!
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
Mattyparty

55dude. Never heard of Jamco but thanks for the heads up

Taylor I wouldn't have ordered the arms if there was any chance I thought they wouldn't fit. I fealt it my situation it was communicated with me that they would. I do thank you for clearing it up so that other members don't make the same error I did.

I hope someday you develop the arms for the 55-59 porterbuilt dropmeber, as I think they would sell like hotcakes

-matt
Old 06-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #9
Jeebus

Matthew,

we never really thought they would be a popular product, so we never bothered to develop a set before specifically for the 55-59 trucks. Might have to re-think that decision however, i may have underestimated the popularity.

I went through out conversation email when you placed the order, you only hinted in that one message, somewhat indirectly that you were using these on a 55-59 truck, and apparently i overlooked it. But, im 100% positive at no point in time did i flat our tell you we make arms for the 55-59 trucks, nowhere in those 20 emails we had exchanged was that said to you, and nowhere did you flat out openly ask either. I honestly assumed you were doing something custom with a 73-87 chassis, because that's what you had asked them to mount to. Again, that's my fault for not knowing completely what you were doing.

Regardless, i hope the rest of your project works out for the best!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #10
Mattyparty

Thanks I hope to finish my project soon

Went looking through my inbox and found the email when originally asked if they would work.
======================
On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:27 AM, "MMW Info & Support" <info@michiganmetalworks.com> wrote:

Yes, we do make a version that will work for you. What we do is make the arms convert to the later style spindles, so you can do easier brake upgrades.

Taylor

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Matthew <matthewpewewardy@gmail.com> wrote:
I was thinking about purchasing the porterbuilt front frame section for 1955-59 chevy trucks, and I was wondering if your \"porterbuilt\" control arms will work for that application. let me know Thank you
Old 06-24-2014, 07:33 AM   #11
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Mattyparty,... have you talked to Nate Porter?
I can't imagine him building a 55-59 Dropmember that doesn't work with his production a-arms.
And MMW make an a-arm for the 67-72 and 73-87 Dropmembers.

I bet there is a simple solution to this.
Plus in this thread, unless I missed it,... what EXACTLY doesn't work with the MMW a-arms, besides "it won't lay out"?

Do the arms bind?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #12
Mattyparty

Yes I have porterbuilt arms on order. Originally went with MMW because I liked the design better, and I wanted the jeebus joints
Old 06-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #13
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyparty View Post
Yes I have porterbuilt arms on order. Originally went with MMW because I liked the design better, and I wanted the jeebus joints
So what didn't work with the MMW arms?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #14
Mattyparty

The way the upper bag mount is on the 55-59 front kit is what I'm told is the issue. This is what is differnt than the other dropmembers. I sent multiple pics to Taylor at MMW and he informed me because of the way the upper mount is that it will not work properly with his arms...
Old 06-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #15
Jeebus

Sorry, i did not realize this thread was moved at all, im not very forum savvy.

This is an exact copy of the invoice you paid matthew. This is the product you requested, plain and simple. You asked for 73-87 Jeebus Joint arms that would bolt to a porterbuilt dropmember, that are 1" narrow from stock. this is exactly what we built you. There was NEVER an instance where you asked me to build you arms for a 55-59 Chevy truck. This invoice explains it all. If this is not what you ordered , why would you pay it?

The only time that it was brought to my attention you were using a 55-59 cross member, was when you emailed me and told me you were having fitment issues. Even with that, knowing that you did not order arms for a 55-59 truck, we were kind enough to offer you a full 100% refund.

I have no problem with you posting that the arms did not fit your truck, but your insinuating that you ordered 55-59 specific arms, when you did not. We sell no such product. As the invoice states, you ordered and paid for 73-87 arms narrowed an amount requested by you specifically.

I apologize if you feel that me posting this invoice is a violation of your privacy as well, but i plain and simple had no clue you were using these on a 55-59 dropmember, and the invoice states nothing of the such at all.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #16
Mattyparty

I didn't think there was an issue with the invoice because we were running 73-87 spindels/ball joints.

Regarding the other issue were gonna have to agree to disagree. I still feel strongly I was led to believe the arms would work for my application and you feel strongly that that's not the case

Old 06-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #17
Jeebus

Matthew, look at the date on that email...... that was an email you sent nearly a year before you inquired about purchasing these arms on the name your price sale we have, and a completely different email chain, over a year apart. Look through that 20 email chain we have together when you purchased the arms, you do not mention you want the arms to be for a 55-59 truck, plain and simple.

Am i supposed to be able to connect the two emails that are over a year apart from each other and just know what you want?

I do not want to do it, but if you want me to post the complete email conversation we had, all 20 messages starting on the January 28th 2014, when you requested the invoice for the parts you wanted to buy, i will gladly do that for you.

When you sent that email in early 2013, we were actually working on dropmember arms for my personal 59 truck, but as most of my personal projects do, we ran out of time and available space, and it was put on hold, sadly.

I find it very misleading what you are doing, and im kind of suprised. You know this just like i do, yet you are really trying to make it sound like WE intentionally did something wrong, and your trying to connect two completely email conversations from a year apart.

good luck with your truck matthew. I wont be posting in this again, except to post all the email conversation, i will let anyone reading this come to their own conclusion with the details I have provided. you can choose to skew this any way you would like, I will not stoop down to this. I feel like you are trying to twist a situation to make it sound like we sold you arms for a 55-59 truck, when that never happened, that is clear to see in the invoice you paid.

Again, good luck with the rest of your truck.

Last edited by Jeebus; 06-25-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Jeebus is offline   Reply With Quote