The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Spray-Bomb
Texas Big Wig

CPP Rant !!!

Im not usually one to bash a company, but here is my rant

I ordered some 2-1/2" drop spindles from CPP, first off it took a while for them to get here (not the end of the world), but when I went to install them I found that my upper ball joints were sticking too far through the spindle, so the hole for the cotter pin is below the castle nut, which makes the castle nut useless & IMO not that safe

So I went & purchased another pair of BJs just to make sure mine weren't duds, they had the same problem, so after 2 days of comparing 8 different BJs & several hours on the phone to CPP (many of which were being on hold), Taking pictures & sending to CPP, I get a call back & they said "Oh, well the engineers said that its just production variation, put a washer under the nut

That is crap, we are talking Front Suspension here, I have spent 2 days & used up plenty of mine & my local parts stores time to find that my $250 dollar drop spindles are pieces of Sh!t
First off on the web site they show pictures of them with their name not western on the spindle, not that this is the end of the world, but its kinda misleading IMO

Sorry for the rant, but when I spend my money I expect to get a good quality product, I wasnt trying to buy some no name brand off eBay, I was buying from a company that seemed like a good company from all that I had read

Rant off

Killer

Last edited by Spray-Bomb; 10-16-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Spray-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote