The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Bowtie001
Project underway - finally.

Project question

This craigslist post says it all. Am I an idiot, do I wait another three years and do it myself? Do I rewrite the ad to say something else? Am I right on? Does anyone know anyone who wants to take this on?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but I need some help from you folks...

Long story short, I am 75% through the bodywork on my truck, a 1972 GMC long bed, and I have far too many kids to even expect it to be done this century. I am looking to pay someone enough to finish it off quickly, a couple of weeks maybe, in my driveway. I'll supply sanding supplies, welding supplies and required tools. I got started, learned a lot, and now that my third kid is on the way, the wife working and doing grad school work, I just don't have the blocks of time required to go finish this thing.

The leftover parts are: cab corners and rockers, a rivet in roof panel, block sanding the drivers side, blocking the bed and repairing the tailgate. I won't even have you paint it or primer it.

I place a HUGE emphasis on talent, reliability and honesty/ethics. If you have any thoughts of taking off with my tools, taking my money and not finishing, whatever, forget it. I will check references of past customers and past bosses, so be prepared to answer that type of question.

E-mail me. I don't have a lot of time during the day for phone calls, so expect some E-mail back and forth before we meet for real and you can see the truck.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: I was thinking $1000 to finish. We'll divide it among the days estimated to complete and pay that proportion at the END of each worked day, assuming the work complete for that day is sufficient and satisfactory. I'm an honest guy, and I pay in cash.

Last edited by Bowtie001; 04-04-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Bowtie001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: Project question

I think member VA72C10 search CL for the guy he uses now....seems to have worked out good...obviously you are going to do your due diligence with questioning, references, etc....good luck

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
stich626
Account Suspended

Re: Project question

I'd think this through. you might be better off, fishing at local body shops, a lot of guys do side work..
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote