The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Would you consider this rust free
YES 2 2.60%
NO 75 97.40%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2020, 10:07 PM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: AM I wrong in being disappointed?

You should be disappointed in the vehicle if you were led to believe it was in better shape than it actually is. You should be disappointed in the seller for telling you something you based your decision on and that wasn't so. And, you should be disappointed in yourself for not inspecting or having it inspected. Also, since there was no inspection, you should be disappointed that you didn't ask for specific pictures of areas of concern and ask more specific questions. The first places you looked when it arrived. A lot was taken for granted for spending $25Gs. Personally, I find that hard to fathom. I could never pay that kind of money without seeing the vehicle and driving it, or paying someone else to. We see what we want to see and talk ourselves into wanting a vehicle based on how many pictures? And that tells nothing of mechanical condition. You had a whole budgeted plan for the Blazer assuming it needed nothing, or not much. What was that based on? I find fault in the seller for taking the low road through this whole thing. The thing is, the way he handled it was nothing uncommon. Integrity is at a low these days and it's no secret. You could have used better luck on this sale and it didn't come. I feel bad for what happened. I had it happen to me for $5k and I worked through it to end up happy to own the truck. I'm just glad I didn't try to drive it back from Colorado like I told the seller, who told me "Drive anywhere", I intended to do. I don't know how people can put money above their own being and worth.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote