The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Thumbs down HeavyMetalChevy

Man I thought Duane was a good guy but he has dropped the ball on a shipping deal, I just got a fax from a collection agency wanting me to pay the bill. He sat up the shipping, I guess I was supposed to put the BOL on the doors, the driver asked me about it and I said I could go home and get it it I have it on PC, he said not to worry about it. This has been going on for 6 months and I've pm'd Duane about about the 2 times I was called about this and he said he would take care of it, never did. This last time I gave him the number of the gal to talk to and she said he will not answer emails, phone calls or nothing. I do not deal this way and never have, I've been on this board a long time. I'll be on the phone alot tomorrow trust me.
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"

Last edited by teeitup; 09-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: HeavyMetalChevy

Please keep us posted, the complaints on him are getting old quick. I honestly would just ban him, but am unsure of how that would effect ya'll at this time.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
teeitup

Liz, I am way PO'd about this, wow I have never had a blemish on my credit, and now a collection agency???? I've never recieved a bill from them. I'm calling Attorney Generals office and my lawyer in morning. I tried calling Duane and his phone is full of messages. I'm going to try email. This is a $500 bill so it does mean a bit. Another thing that has made me upset is the doors were picked up at my work so the Collection Agency and the Shipping Co are calling them, that makes me very upset. Thanks Liz, Randy
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

HeavyMetalChevy Has been limited to the review section only .
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Randy, I too have taken a loss with Duane..not as large as yours. I was just going to forget about it....giving him some grace thinking he had personal troubles.
This is not cool what he has done to you..
I have been looking at people on the board differently because of all of this.
Uncertainy is a powerful thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
Ironhorse

Wow Randy, sure hate to read this concerning you. I know you've been on the board a LONG time and have always been straight up in your dealings with folks. I used HeavyMetalChevy one time and it was a piece of cake. Purchased a TH350/np205 combo several months ago. Shipped from Nevada to Kansas here in fine shape. Phone calls and PM's went like clock work. Really hate to read this. I even posted a recommendation for using him. I was thinking on using him again but you have definetly put the seed of doubt in my mind. Sure hope this gets resolved for you, Bud.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
teeitup

Thanks guys I appreciate your input. I was informed the collection agency is wanting $949 for the $580 bill, they offered me a buyout but I have not agreed to it. Duane told me he had the BOL in his files all he had to do is look it up, I guess he was to busy to look it up. I've talked to Attorney General already and then the Better Business Bureau.
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS

Last edited by teeitup; 09-07-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
LEX

That's terrible. Sorry to hear, Randy. About a year ago, I purchased a cowl cover from him. When it arrived, it was bent pretty bad. I refused delivery and had it sent back to him. No hard feelings. When he got it back, he said it wasn't bent? Maybe it wasn't, maybe it was. I believed him and thought it was an optical illusion. After getting to know him better from here, I'm thinking it was BS. I was understanding and asked for partial refund for his troubles or reship the cowl. He answered every 3 PMs I sent asking for a status. He kept on giving me the run around. Fast foward, it was never re-shipped nor did I get any of my money back.

Randy, I sure hope your issue gets resolved. I always thought he was a BSer.
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

from another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalChevy View Post
Sincere Apologies. I will be the first to admit my professionalism and more specifically my shipping is sub-par to say the least. I can no longer efficiently balance my personal obligations, new work schedule, and provide parts and ship efficiently. The time management is just as hectic as sloppy.

All deals will be completed this week and if any reimbursement is required please let me know. I also wholeheartedly apologize to the site including members, admins, guests and team leaders alike. I am regretfully OFFICIALLY bowing out from the site and can be contacted at my direct number of (812)801-5111. Also at remimartin257@aol.com.

Any skepticism is honorably noted and it was never my intention to avoid, confuse, or irritate any one I have dealt with whether it be professionally or personally.

Sincerely,

Duane J. Gray II aka Heavy Metal Chevy
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
Rochlow

Randy, Sorry to hear about the troubles with Duane.

I bought a cab from another member and Duane stepped in a the middle to ship it. All went well and I gave him $100 for his troubles. However, it doesn't excuse him not completing deals with everyone.
Rochlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

I only had one dealing with him. He paid for most of the parts, but the final balance never came. I sent the parts first and just wrote off the shortage to "experience".
Old 09-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
KrazyRay

Randy, I'm sorry to hear that you were burned by Duane. I've done a couple of deals with him and he was flakey at best Luckily, it only cost me a few sales. This is a great site that protects both buyers and sellers. I think I speak for everyone on the board that you are the most upstanding member on the site and its not fair for you to be burned like that. If you get stuck paying the collection agency, I say that we all chip in a few bucks to help you out.
Ray
KrazyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #13
1stchevy

I didn't get hit nowhere near as hard as some of you guys but it still sucks to pay for something and then be told about personal issues and give the guy a second chance then still not get what you paid for. It's just the principle of the situation that bothers me the most, good luck to all you guys. Hope everything works out for the best for all involved.

Chris
Posted via Mobile Device
1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Hey Randy,... I really hope this gets resolved for you.
You are one of the best sellers on this forum.

If eveyone that has replied in this thread,... would have written a "bad deals" thread of their own in the review area,... maybe we could have prevented all the "losses" that our members just wrote off as a "bad experience".

This sucks.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyRay View Post
Randy, I'm sorry to hear that you were burned by Duane. I've done a couple of deals with him and he was flakey at best Luckily, it only cost me a few sales. This is a great site that protects both buyers and sellers. I think I speak for everyone on the board that you are the most upstanding member on the site and its not fair for you to be burned like that. If you get stuck paying the collection agency, I say that we all chip in a few bucks to help you out.
Ray
I'm in if it comes to that....
specialtyretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #16
Lemield

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyretail View Post
I'm in if it comes to that....
Me too!

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #17
BB72CHEVKT

I bought one chrome vent window and after a few PM's it finally arrived but I was still too skeptical to buy from him again.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
LEEVON

Randy, I hope you get this taken care of without any more frustration. It really sucks! I am just guessing, but an attorney might tell you to pay the bill and then go to small claims court. I don't know but I hope it doesn't damage your credit. Disputing a false reporting is fairly simple these days, if you want any tips let me know I had to clean some bogus stuff off our reports a couple of years ago and still monitor.

Mods, on another forum they are very generous about helping out members in need (shop fires, etc.) with auctions. I would be happy to start an auction thread to offset the cost for Randy if he gets stuck with this. I'll go home tonight and look for something worth offering up...if you all think that would be ok?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemield View Post
Me too!
Me 3
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #20
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Randy, I hope you get this taken care of without any more frustration. It really sucks! I am just guessing, but an attorney might tell you to pay the bill and then go to small claims court. I don't know but I hope it doesn't damage your credit. Disputing a false reporting is fairly simple these days, if you want any tips let me know I had to clean some bogus stuff off our reports a couple of years ago and still monitor.

Mods, on another forum they are very generous about helping out members in need (shop fires, etc.) with auctions. I would be happy to start an auction thread to offset the cost for Randy if he gets stuck with this. I'll go home tonight and look for something worth offering up...if you all think that would be ok?
This is a very good idea. I have a few hidden jewels youall would like.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
BBC Motorhead

Hey guys I am feeling pretty lucky after reading these posts. I have been waiting over three weeks for a tilt column and thankfully I am able to say it showed up today. It really makes me think twice about dealing with people on here after the experience I have had. That sucks! Oh, I do have his home phone number for those of you looking for another way to try to reach him:
phone number removed

please do not post folks personal info without permission.

Last edited by Liz; 09-08-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: personal info
BBC Motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #22
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC Motorhead View Post
Hey guys I am feeling pretty lucky after reading these posts. I have been waiting over three weeks for a tilt column and thankfully I am able to say it showed up today. It really makes me think twice about dealing with people on here after the experience I have had. That sucks! Oh, I do have his home phone number for those of you looking for another way to try to reach him:
edited by staff
99% of the people on here are great to deal with.
Its all about communication and trust.
I hope this is resolved for Randy's sake.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
1970-Old_Betsy

I did finally get a refund for the junk harness, but here is the post it took to accomplish it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With tracking numbers never supplied I am assuming I am not getting parts or refund anytime soon. Here a timeline to re-fresh your memory.

5/22 - paid for parts ( $72 )
7/9 - recieved parts - Taillight harness was junk, dome light wire only supposed to be full assembly.
7/10 - Told you would be sending out new parts next day??
7/12 - Ask for update and sent refund amount I requested.
7/20 - No parts or refund
7/23 - Ask again for update
7/23 - Told post office lost shipment ??, but would get new tracking number
7/25 - Ask for tracking number
7/30 - Nothing yet.............

This needs to be wrapped up by Wednesday ( 8/1), no more promises, excuses, or PMs about how great your service and reputation is with other members. After 8/1 I will be contacting the Administrators, bad deal section, Paypal, Oprah, Dr.Phil and the National Enquirer to get this deal far behind me..........
1970-Old_Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Looks like he was on here a couple of days ago..
Duane,bad move.
My advice to you is, to man up and give the good folks on this board their money back.
Posted via Mobile Device
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #25
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

I had a couple dealings with Duane. The 1st was to ship some parts I had sold to another member. Absolutely no problems everything went well. I sold Duane some door panels and he was a little slow paying but did pay. This was about the same time I saw the post of him being his dad's caregiver so thats what i chalked it up to.

If this situation does not get resolved I would be more than glad to pitch in a few bucks to help Randy out. I would hate for this deal to sour you on doing business on the site.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote