The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2022, 08:54 PM   #1
conoco

Starting a build thread

Super dumb I know, but I would like to start a build thread and give my boys something to look at in 40 years while I am gone. I want them to see some of the stuff I was doing when they were kids running around in the garage stealing my tools. I am young and so are my kids, but they spend so much time in the garage with me working on this truck and I just don't want them to forget. Maybe when I am gone they will have something they can look back on every once in a while when they miss me. Maybe they can use this to justify who gets my truck when I am gone. Whatever kid was in the most threads gets the truck LMAO!!!!!! Thanks everyone.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2022, 09:04 PM   #2
MDFarms

Re: Starting a build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoco View Post
super dumb i know, but i would like to start a build thread and give my boys something to look at in 40 years while i am gone. I want them to see some of the stuff i was doing when they were kids running around in the garage stealing my tools. I am young and so are my kids, but they spend so much time in the garage with me working on this truck and i just don't want them to forget. Maybe when i am gone they will have something they can look back on every once in a while when they miss me. Maybe they can use this to justify who gets my truck when i am gone. Whatever kid was in the most threads gets the truck lmao!!!!!! Thanks everyone.
Great idea and very thoughtful!!!
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 09:24 PM   #3
TALLone71

that's awesome!..what a great idea, I love sharing this hobby with my kids, they have grown up with it, both are now in their late teens, and both are c10 owners, wrenching on the 71, is fun with them, oh all the conversations, and laughter, and serious days spent.. I wouldn't trade it for anything!..what a great picture, looking forward to seeing the build!
TALLone71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 09:24 PM   #4
yuccales

Nothing dumb about that! Spend as much time with the kids as you can. This world needs more of that! My dad died when I was 16, but up until his passing, we were always working on something together. We never got to build my first car together, but I'm sure it would have been fun. I can guarantee you 50 years down the road your kids will think of something you two did together, and get a smile on their faces! And those flags look great also! I've been known to fly one or two myself.
Attached Images

yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:26 PM   #5
Getter-Done

Great Idea

The Internet was not around to document my Crazy days with my Daddy.

I learned so much.

I am in to follow this build
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:06 AM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoco View Post
Super dumb I know, but I would like to start a build thread and give my boys something to look at in 40 years while I am gone. I want them to see some of the stuff I was doing when they were kids running around in the garage stealing my tools. I am young and so are my kids, but they spend so much time in the garage with me working on this truck and I just don't want them to forget. Maybe when I am gone they will have something they can look back on every once in a while when they miss me. Maybe they can use this to justify who gets my truck when I am gone. Whatever kid was in the most threads gets the truck LMAO!!!!!! Thanks everyone.

If you do a build thread , start a new thread in the "67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds" section.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:55 PM   #7
tutone

Good idea. Truck and car builds get done everyday and lesser experienced folks cannot learn anything if it is not documented. There are some super talented folks and a vast wealth of knowlege on this board of good people. It will motivate you to work harder on your truck as well.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:01 PM   #8
Mike Bradbury

Sooo, are you going to start a build thread? Now that we are all interested in the details of your project, you have left us hanging.

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:20 PM   #9
bwl101

Yea we need build info! I'm chugging along to get my grandfather's old truck back in the road. I started a build thread and nice to scroll back and see how far I've come, especially when I get aggravated about waiting on parts or having time to work on it!

Putting my Grandfather's truck back on the road:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=829659
bwl101 is offline   Reply With Quote