The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
Baker819

Are CPP's OEM control arms any good?

Any buddy running the stock style A-arms from CPP or LMC? If so what do you think?

Messed up my threads for the bushing on my 69 C10 by trusting the blasting company to do it. They used a steel shot as media also which is very aggresive. CPP seems to have the cheapest set of 4 control arms at $480 w/o shipping. LMC came in 2nd at $660 w/o shipping.

Didn't get a chance to call yet to see who manufactures for the companies. And from what country... which I bet is imported. Bums me out if I do get them because I have tried and done well getting USA made parts for my chassis / suspension rebuild.
Baker819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
earl84

Re: Are CPP's OEM control arms any good?

Steel shot, holy crap. I have not used these, but that is a lot of money for stock parts. I think you might be able to find some aftermarket ones, maybe from Dorman, for less than that. Maybe even your local auto parts store. I have more time than money, so I would go to a junkyard, but new sure is easier.
earl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #3
Baker819

Yeah, that steel shot was crazy harsh. I went through an insane amount of foam rollers and brushes trying to get the 1st coat of paint on them. I didn't want to go the stock replacement route either. As I value the little money I get to play with but I really want my truck done for some stuff coming up in a little over a month. I lucked out though and my last place locally had some had the a-arms I needed. He said if I am in a hurry that if I drop the whole crossmember out I could have the control arms for a $100. The donor truck is only 5 miles from my house, I'm a happy man.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
cory d

are you on NorthWest c10s on facebook? should be able to find some cheap used ones on there.
cory d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:39 AM   #5
Baker819

Facebook is the devil. hahaha I am probably one of the only people under 30 years old with out a facebook. I am a low tech man in a high tech world. That is good to know though. I will have to make a facebook account and maybe find some dark blue interior parts as I just found out they are quite rare.

There is a guy at Fidalgo Bay Auto Body here in Anacortes, WA that is in love with 67-72 Chevy trucks. He must have 8 or so in various stages and some customer trucks too. I got ahold of him today and I am pulling a set off one of his trucks.

Thanks for the info