The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #276
THE "10" SILVERADO

Re: 77 Silverado Build thread

Got my 350 grill emblem in today. Gonna paint the "350" a white color and re-black the back. Trying to match it to the cab trim and centercaps.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #277
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
Got my 350 grill emblem in today. Gonna paint the "350" a white color and re-black the back. Trying to match it to the cab trim and centercaps.
That'll look sick!!!!!!!!!!!

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #278
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I've already got a thing set up with a bunch of guys at school. We are all gonna do burnouts in the parking lot on the last day of school. (our school is super uptight about everything looking nice). I'll be sure to burn off what's left of the old tires then!

Just be careful when you do it, the only reason I'm saying that is because of it not being yours they can call cops and press charges so just be sure to be careful with it, other than that I want a VIDEO!!!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #279
THE "10" SILVERADO

Well my hat trick failed today. Pulled over and got $162 citation for out of date inspection.....crapola. Stupid Southlake cops got nothing better to do...

In an effort to suck up to my parents to maybe help out on the ticket I ended up moving 6 loads of dirt with my truck. Damn my back is sore right now.

Pictures of trucks first actual load. (BTW the picture shows a half load of dirt).
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #280
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Well my hat trick failed today. Pulled over and got $162 citation for out of date inspection.....crapola. Stupid Southlake cops got nothing better to do...

In an effort to suck up to my parents to maybe help out on the ticket I ended up moving 6 loads of dirt with my truck. Damn my back is sore right now.

Pictures of trucks first actual load. (BTW the picture shows a half load of dirt).

Well it sucks about the ticket!! But at least your parents are cool enough to help you out my parents only know about 1 of my 3 tickets I've gotten, I don't dare ask for help

It looks good getting some work done!! take some some meds and you'll be good to go in the morning
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #281
JRANGER

Good and DIRTY!!!! yeah!
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #282
Big Rat

Quote:
Wow. How outta date were you?! Oh and good luck with the burn out session but be careful, burning rubber in one spot can burn up asphalt. Have to pay to lay new oil would make that 162 bucks seem like nothing! Now that THAT is said, good luck on blowing tires!
Posted via Mobile Device

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD

Last edited by Big Rat; 04-25-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #283
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
Wow. How outta date were you?! Oh and good luck with the burn out session but be careful, burning rubber in one spot can burn up asphalt. Have to pay to lay new oil would make that 162 bucks seem like nothing! Now that THAT is said, good luck on blowing tires!
Posted via Mobile Device
Called up to the courthouse and they said I could get it dismissed provided I'm less than 60 days out. I'm almost 3 months out....
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #284
Big Rat

3 months past in these parts usually means you have to go get your sleigh out of impound after being busted!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #285
Emad Classic

Thumbs up Re: 77 Silverado Build thread

Dear Michael,
Nice day...

Really you made very big and strong work for your vehicle!! To renew the most of parts. I like it, but I am very angers and sad!! when I see last photo when you moved the sand by the Silverado!! Because if that my car!! I will park it in my bed room...

Best Regards,
Emad

Last edited by Emad Classic; 04-30-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Emad Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #286
THE "10" SILVERADO

Got PULLED OVER AGAIN TODAY for my inspection....while on the way to the shop. Thank god I had all the e-brake parts sitting next to me. Cop asked why it was out so I explained everything. Went back to his car and radioed in. Ended up just getting a warning. If I didn't have all the parts with my I bet I would have gotten another ticket.

Anyway, the 84+ brake system is a little more different than I anticipated and I'm going to have to modify the passenger cable a lot to make it work. Didn't get much done but I kinda figured out how to do it. Hopefully going to work tomorrow. Figured I can get the (much simpler) drivers side done and see if that holds the truck. That's all it has to do to pass...so hopefully I can get it all working and get inspected soon.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #287
77ChevySharkBite

Yeah I got to admit once you get pulled over for 1 thing once it just happens more, I remember I had my tail lights blacked out on my DD and I got pulled over about 5-6 times all warnings and I had an illegal tint in the front, and well the last time I got pulled over I was sick I was going to get busted for my tail lights but thankfully I had my new tail lights in my car so they let me off the hook but he busted me for my tint.

I'm just glad he let you off man! Hope you get it inspected soon!!!!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #288
THE "10" SILVERADO

Fab'd up an ebrake system this morning. Only went to the drivers wheel. Couldn't figure out where to mount the brackets so the frame bracket ended up on the bottom lip of the cab and went straight back to the "free floating" bracket that I ended up bolting to the frame. Hold the truck so I passed inspection!!

Funny thing though, I didn't use a grade 8 washer to "sandwich" part of the rear bracket and when they went to test it the washer bent and the whole thing fell on the ground. Tech guy came back and was like "uh anyone with the old chevy?" and I just started laughing when I saw it in the bay with the cables on the ground. Asked for 2, 1/2 wrenches and it was good to go in a couple of minutes.

Oh, and also did a burnout. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-EO8tRYyg&feature=plcp#
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #289
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Fab'd up an ebrake system this morning. Only went to the drivers wheel. Couldn't figure out where to mount the brackets so the frame bracket ended up on the bottom lip of the cab and went straight back to the "free floating" bracket that I ended up bolting to the frame. Hold the truck so I passed inspection!!

Funny thing though, I didn't use a grade 8 washer to "sandwich" part of the rear bracket and when they went to test it the washer bent and the whole thing fell on the ground. Tech guy came back and was like "uh anyone with the old chevy?" and I just started laughing when I saw it in the bay with the cables on the ground. Asked for 2, 1/2 wrenches and it was good to go in a couple of minutes.

Oh, and also did a burnout. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-EO8tRYyg&feature=plcp#
Haha oh the joys of that I'm sure you did it with pride too huh? Lol

Nice burnout I like it!! I love how your dad just let the tire smoke come at him then he starts coughing one day soon I'll be going to see my family were going to have to meet up man! I want to see the truck oh by the way I'm digging that cam!! It sounds siiiick!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #290
Big Rat

Quote:
I passed inspection!!
Finally, NO MORE TICKETS!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #291
THE "10" SILVERADO

Not much of an update. Now that it's running I haven't been doing much. Between senior trip, graduation, work, and just having fun the truck just kinda got put on the side burner.

I've got kickpanels and door panels for it I have yet to install, I have to fix the windows first. They love to pop out of the channel if you roll them past half way. I'll probably by some flooring in August if I take the truck to college. Still don't know if I'll bring it or just put it in storage.

Oh, and with less than 2k miles on the motor I already blew a header gasket Gotta love headers. Replaced the burnt out one with a thick copper one. Hopefully no more problems like that.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #292
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Not much of an update. Now that it's running I haven't been doing much. Between senior trip, graduation, work, and just having fun the truck just kinda got put on the side burner.

I've got kickpanels and door panels for it I have yet to install, I have to fix the windows first. They love to pop out of the channel if you roll them past half way. I'll probably by some flooring in August if I take the truck to college. Still don't know if I'll bring it or just put it in storage.

Oh, and with less than 2k miles on the motor I already blew a header gasket Gotta love headers. Replaced the burnt out one with a thick copper one. Hopefully no more problems like that.
Where you working man?

Have you graduated yet?

Sounds like you got some work to do ahh nice!!! gotta love that hopefully I don't blow mine anytime soon but yet again the way i drive my truck i wouldn't be surprised if I do.

Oh it's not set in stone yet, but I might be going to good guys in October, so if I do go we're going to have to meet up man so I can see that mean truck of yours!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #293
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Where you working man?

Have you graduated yet?

Sounds like you got some work to do ahh nice!!! gotta love that hopefully I don't blow mine anytime soon but yet again the way i drive my truck i wouldn't be surprised if I do.

Oh it's not set in stone yet, but I might be going to good guys in October, so if I do go we're going to have to meet up man so I can see that mean truck of yours!
Working for my parents (well mainly step-dad) doing whatever he can think up around the house/barn/shop etc. So far I've fixed fence, painted, and worked on his F-350.

Graduated two friday's ago. Was gone to Disneyworld the week before that for senior trip. Man Florida is awesome compared to Texas!!! Already wishing I could go back.

Dude, that'd be awesome if you make it to Goodguys!!! I'll be at college but UTA is only like 30-40 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway so I'm definitely going to be there. Always tons of cool stuff out there at the swap meet along with the cars.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #294
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Michael, what kind of flooring are you looking for? I have a decent driver quality grey carpet in the attic if it will help you out.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #295
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Working for my parents (well mainly step-dad) doing whatever he can think up around the house/barn/shop etc. So far I've fixed fence, painted, and worked on his F-350.

Graduated two friday's ago. Was gone to Disneyworld the week before that for senior trip. Man Florida is awesome compared to Texas!!! Already wishing I could go back.

Dude, that'd be awesome if you make it to Goodguys!!! I'll be at college but UTA is only like 30-40 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway so I'm definitely going to be there. Always tons of cool stuff out there at the swap meet along with the cars.
Nice nice, keeping you busy is always a good thing

Congrats man! You made a big accomplishment, you should be proud of yourself man! Enjoy life but get college over with ASAP.

Yeah I'll let you know closer to the time but the plan is to go up there.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #296
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Nice nice, keeping you busy is always a good thing

Congrats man! You made a big accomplishment, you should be proud of yourself man! Enjoy life but get college over with ASAP.

Yeah I'll let you know closer to the time but the plan is to go up there.
Haha yeah, really looking forward to it.

Get your truck running and bring it up there when you come!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #297
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Haha yeah, really looking forward to it.

Get your truck running and bring it up there when you come!
Oh it already runs and everything but no where near show worthy.

Plus I'm pretty sure I would come back home empty handed with all the money in gas it'll take let me see though if I can get a good bed for the truck, I'll see what I can do about bringing it up there. No promises though as it's still uninsured and not legally registered right now

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #298
THE "10" SILVERADO

Well took the truck on it's first solo freeway trip. Been before but had people around me in case of breakdown. Provided seating for my gang down at the new drive-in near downtown Ft. Worth. Glad I put the truck to use!

Oh, also got kick panels installed but since the vent is now covered my legs burn with the heat because there is no longer circulation down there.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #299
lilpoindexter

Damn...it looks like you're having lots of fun with your truck.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #300
77ChevySharkBite

Nice bro!!!! Glad it got it doing some work, looks like your friends are enjoying the truck! You get any good looks while at the drive in?
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off