The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
bigblackcat

Door Alignment

My truck doors are not aligned. They stick out at the bottom (not flush with the cab). Is there any adjustments that can be made to correct this?
bigblackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Chevy Fleetside

Re: Door Alignment

loosen the lower hindge from the door and push the bottom of the door in and retighten up the hindge and see if that helps.. You may have to loosen both upper and lower but try the lower first and see what happens.. Hopfully it wasn't someone doing some bad body work...
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
SIR
SIR

Re: Door Alignment

...I know the problem...the original doors on my "66" where so bad they had to be replaced with the ones off my parts truck,while reassembleing the truck I couldn't get them to line up ether,so I "elongated" the holes to see if that would work it helped,it was then I realised after looking at the "ID' tag that the truck itself was made in califorina and my parts truck was made in St louis they where close but not the same and when these trucks where made they where made for work and not beauty.and they didn't have the close standards we see today in trucks cars and many vehicles...SO try "elongating" the holes in the door and see if that helps...good luck with your project. as you can see in the photo my door sticks out some too... ,

Last edited by SIR; 05-06-2007 at 01:16 PM.
SIR is offline   Reply With Quote