The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
adpostel

Bag Parts Are In The Mail

So I have ordered almost everything I need for my bag setup for my 68. Only thing I didn't order was shocks, but after reading, I opted to wait till everything was installed so I could measure and then find the appropriate Monroe application. I tried keeping the cost down as much as possible and wanted the flexibility to adjust ride height, car cruise height, and cool factor height as much as possible. I originally wanted a static drop, but I figured with such good deals out there I'd be better off with bags and flexibiliity for just a little more money.

I ordered Boris' Paddle Valve Special with an upgraded compressor, along with his upper and lower plates/cups.

Then POL (PerformanceOnline) had everything else in stock and ready to ship, so I ordered.

2 1/2" Drop Spindles
Front and Rear Shock Relocators
and a Bolt-In C-Notch

So out of this, I am hoping to gain as much ride quality as possible, along with as much cool factor that may come with it. I am not looking to lay frame. I just wanted to get a good drop and good ride quality for what I have.

Oh, and BTW, as far as wheels and tires, I am running Boss 338's (Black Centers/Chrome Lips) in a staggered 20x10 rear and 18x8 front both wrapped in Toyo Proxes ST II's. It has been a little bit of a hassle getting the 338's on the truck, but it was finally accomplished (no fault of any vendors) just simple Murphy's Law stuff that got me going.....
Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
67cheby
67cheby

Re: Bag Parts Are In The Mail

we will need to see some pics !!
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
gopokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpostel View Post
So I have ordered almost everything I need for my bag setup for my 68. Only thing I didn't order was shocks, but after reading, I opted to wait till everything was installed so I could measure and then find the appropriate Monroe application. I tried keeping the cost down as much as possible and wanted the flexibility to adjust ride height, car cruise height, and cool factor height as much as possible. I originally wanted a static drop, but I figured with such good deals out there I'd be better off with bags and flexibiliity for just a little more money.

I ordered Boris' Paddle Valve Special with an upgraded compressor, along with his upper and lower plates/cups.

Then POL (PerformanceOnline) had everything else in stock and ready to ship, so I ordered.

2 1/2" Drop Spindles
Front and Rear Shock Relocators
and a Bolt-In C-Notch

So out of this, I am hoping to gain as much ride quality as possible, along with as much cool factor that may come with it. I am not looking to lay frame. I just wanted to get a good drop and good ride quality for what I have.

Oh, and BTW, as far as wheels and tires, I am running Boss 338's (Black Centers/Chrome Lips) in a staggered 20x10 rear and 18x8 front both wrapped in Toyo Proxes ST II's. It has been a little bit of a hassle getting the 338's on the truck, but it was finally accomplished (no fault of any vendors) just simple Murphy's Law stuff that got me going.....
Sounds good man! Sounds like me and you are about on the same page. I have the paddle valves, shock relocators, notch, and will get some drop spindles at some point. I really like those 338's too, I have read so many different opinions about the fit it makes my head spin. You have any pics?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

you need shocks fram a 51 chysler imperial...check my build...

:WOP:

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
adpostel

Currently I have three of the wheels mounted. I was repacking bearings on the front so I could put the last wheel on and move the truck out of the garage for some pics, and my brother called and needed some help. So I had to take my jack and some tools over to help him out, I ended up leaving the jack at his house, so my truck is actually doing some three wheel motion in my garage stuck on a jackstand. Matter of fact, I am gonna stop and get my jack from my brother today on the way home from work. But I'll post some pics up shortly.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
adpostel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopokes View Post
Sounds good man! Sounds like me and you are about on the same page. I have the paddle valves, shock relocators, notch, and will get some drop spindles at some point. I really like those 338's too, I have read so many different opinions about the fit it makes my head spin. You have any pics?
As far as the 338's, I sent them with my buddy to his job and he actually chucked the front wheels up in a lathe and opened up the hub bore to accept the rotors. They go on perfect now. But there was still another issue. You can't have the center cap of the wheel and the dust cap from the rotor both on. The dust cap sticks out too much. I am just gonna go with green grease and no dust cap. I removed the dust cap and couldn't find any grease on it at all, so I am hoping I can just go with the rim center cap. Only time will tell.....
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
adpostel

I just got notified that I have 4 boxes of goodies at my local UPS pickup spot.... Will be going to get them tomorrow....