The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
205harleyman

LED Tail lights

I'm looking for a source of side marker, front park, and tail lights in LED with clear covers, anyone know where I might find such?
Vintage Air
1999 tan leather bucket seats and console w/1999 back seat
20inch Torque Thrust Wheels
Corvette Madrid Red with Tan Top
Hope to be driving soon!!!
205harleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
davepl

Re: LED Tail lights

Every catalog ever made. Unless you mean a board vendor, which is a great idea.

Otherwise, LMC has more LED lighting that one man could ever use. No idea what the quality is like, never bought any.

I will advise that LEDs come on a lot faster but only quality ones are going to be as visible as your old 1157 lamps.

I'm all about stock but I do upgrade lighting to try to avoid people running into me. I added a massively bright LED module completely hidden inside of my cargo lamp wired as a third brake light. I upgraded the side markers to bright LED as well, since the factory lights are sad compared to today's lights.

I also upgraded all of the front lighting to HID, though not the crazy blue/purple things you see the kids with today. If I were doing it again, I would have gone LED but wasn't aware of them when I started my build. In that case I got the buckets from LMC and then the lamps from KenSun. The KenSun HID kits are cheap but bulletproof. The one HID lamp I've had fail out of 8 of theirs I've had for 5-6 years they expressed a replacement out as soon as I emailed them. Not under warranty either. So I'm impressed.

If you google "Daniel Stern Lighting" you should find a guy and a website that has a massive amount of auto lighting information. It'll also tell you why HID upgrades in existing reflectors are a bad idea, why some LED products are bad, and so on.

You may not agree with him, but he's informative.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote