The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
68shortwide

Future Shop Truck

So this all started around 3+ years ago, before I ever joined here. My dad's lifelong friend had a few of these trucks sitting around and wanted them off of his property (Still sitting there, life gets in the way) so he offered them to me for free as long as I take them off his land and promise not to bring them back unless they're under their own power. This stepside has always been a mystery, as the doors are a pain to open and usually filled with crawling and slithering wildlife while being ankle deep in mud. We headed over there today to (ironically) drop off a car my dad plans on modifying and since it was cold I headed over to the truck to take some pics and really see what I'm getting into. It's rough, and I mean with all sincerity it's really rough. But to me that's part of the charm it has. It's a low option truck with basically only 6 options including the color. It started life as a i6 3ott work truck, HD suspension and cooling, full foam seat, and something I found strange....an oil bath air cleaner which my dad confirmed was pretty obsolete by then. It's a roller but that just makes it easy to load and work on, although I was kinda bummed since I was looking forward to learning 3ott since nearly no-one my age (20) can. Also comes with an extra cab with 4 extra doors, two squarebody (I think) bucket seats that need some work and a floor console. The plans are a 5.3 with a floor shift 4l60e for now, and down the road a 6.0/6spd. Gonna get it home hopefully by next month and get it safe and motor ready. First chance I get I'm going to pull the diff pan and see what's in that posi rear. Here's some pics.
Attached Images

1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:49 AM   #2
GR8-68

Re: Future Shop Truck

Looks like a decent project, get that home and clean that baby up so you can see it's face

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote