The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #11
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Well, I finally had a productive weekend. Alan and I went to the Super Chevy Show on Saturday where we bought a few parts and met a few board members. We chewed the fat with Down South Truckin(Mike), uncle(Tim) and Tim Christian of Christians Classics. There were alot of good deals to be had on new and used parts. Alan and I spent probably a good 2 hours or more with Tim and we both bought parts from him. And if you've never dealt with Tim before I'm here to tell you he knows these trucks and will do anything he can to help you out.

I ended up buying a few items for my truck at pretty good prices and avoided shipping/oversize charges.

71-2 Front Bumper
Rear Sport Bumper
Front/Rear Bumper Brackets
Jegs mini-starter
Radiator accessories
Valve covers
Air filter kit

I bought the f/r bumpers from Southern Kentucky Classics (only because Tim was sold out of them) and they are pretty good quality for an aftermarket part.

Also, my hydraulic clutch kit was delivered on Friday, so I had already made plans to get it installed and set the motor in this weekend. The kit from Novak is real nice.

Of course, things aren't never as easy as they should be and the "bolt-on kit" needed a little modification. The clutch fork was the same width as the hole in my bellhousing.

Nothing a 3" cutting wheel can't take care of though.