The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2015, 01:28 PM   #11
mrvette

Re: Project: Over My Head

47 Ftoys......I assume you are going to put that whole plate in the project somewhere?? or you just laying it all out on that and final install be on the firewall/back behind seats/etc??? when I did the '72 vette, I just found out where the computer would fit, happened to be behind the map pocket hung on two tabs bolted to the windshield frame....so I just extended out all the wiring through the firewall, and draped the wires over the engine, hitting all the crap and spliced in the connectors... and make the harness look pretty after it's working.....all my stuff for decades now has been derived from junkyard parts, being as I like to walk through the boneyards anyway....nice summer day in the sun....

Decades ago I had a '70 Lemans/GTO convertible I put a Pontiac 455 in it 400 trans, 321 12 bolt Chevelle rear.....converted to disc brakes and some Global West front suspension parts.....I put a mid 70's Caddy FI system on it, still have the induction, looks like a hell of a mess, but it worked fine, until the computer died, it was an old analogue computer from early/mid 70's well before CPU's were around the Design work on it was from Bendix in Newport News Va......later on bought by Allied Signal, now Siemens ......the systems were primarily in the Sevilles.....but the one I had came from a Sedan DeVille....425 engine,.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote