The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

I was truly worried about cancer in the rain gutter and/or "brow" areas of the cab. Turned out there was only a bit of cancer in the rain gutter and it is truly small. I'm pleased.

There is also some cancer at the bottom of both sides of the cowl but for 60 years it's actually not terrible.

As of right now BEFORE I've had the rest of the truck sandblasted I know there a small amount of rust through in the top roll of the bed front panel. And there doesn't APPEAR to be rust in the rear fenders - we'll see about that. The door bottoms have maybe a half dozen holes but they're very small, maybe 1/8" I treated those inside the door with phosphoric acid and Rustoleum anti rust primer, but now that I'm blasting the while truck, the very bottom flat areas of the doors will get cut out and replaced. But I think all this constitutes a nearly rust free truck in most parts of the country.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 07-17-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote