The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

December 09, 2015. Front fender rust (Very minor) repaired and hung, guide coat on for start of block sanding:

Driver side front door gap is waay too big. Metal will be added to match door gap above:

Passenger side front door gap for comparison is nice and tight. A little hard to see in this shot. F anything it might be too tight!:

Gratuitous additional side shot I laughed at. I work for Metro and I'm always in my company truck on the way home when I check the '55. He put the Metro "M" on it as a joke.
Next up is dropping off the hood and upper & lower valances above and below hood with sandblaster. Valances will be sandblasted and powder coated a color near the final paint as primer. The hood brace will PROBABLY be sent out for chroming, because...well...I like chrome!

I also told him to weld shut the ashtray and HVAC control panel openings. I've seen it done on one truck and it de-clutters the dash a lot without being as drastic as a totally shaved dash...which I like but think I might regret later.

Here's an example of a dash with the HVAC panel shaved. The ash tray is still there, mine will be shaved. The ignition is shaved but mine won't be because I have an ididit column without a key. Feel free to comment:

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 12-09-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote