The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2016, 09:50 AM   #10
II_Slow

Re: 55*6BT My 55 w/ Cummins power

More of my usual slow but steady progress. I finally welded the dash in permanently after installing and testing the Raingear wipers. What a PITA that was. No access to the wiper motor from below, I could only reach in from the sides. Ended up taking everything out and pre-assembling in the floor then installing that way. Never could get the arms, shims, washer, and clip on any other way. Very happy with it now. Started installing the Dakota dash interface and wiring harness.

Also added a manifold and turbo blanket, then wrapped the down pipe.

This is mostly to protect the PCM since it is so close to the turbo. Should keep the heat down behind the firewall as well.

Also finished patching that rusty brow. Still have to knock down the welds and get it ready for the body guys to do their thing.

Speaking of body guys. They finally showed up yesterday and got a couple of hours in, starting on cab corners and the back of the cab. Sure good to see some progress on the bodywork. They said they are coming back tonight to finish up the back of the cab and the roof.

I'm thinking the Power Tour may not be an option. As Cruz said "tonight, I'm sorry to say it appears that path has been foreclosed". I can't get everything done right in a month, and I've put too much into to start taking shortcuts now so it's more important to me to get it right than hit that deadline.
II_Slow is offline   Reply With Quote