The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
Jthomas

Project the Burbs, 51 Suburban build

This post will follow the build progress of my 51 Suburban, bear with me I'm not the greatest with updating posts, but i will try.

A little back story,
I had been look for a good Suburban project for some time, living on the east coast (Pa) everything I found was pretty rough. In 2013 I took a trip out to Bonneville Speedweek with some friends. We flew into Denver to meet up with a friend and drive to Utah. On the trip home we drove back to Colorado Springs a day before our flight out of Denver the next morning. We had a bit of time before we needed to be at the airport, and decided to see a junk yard. That is where I found this Suburban, they actually had a about 5 of them. We also missed our flight, but that is another story!

I made a deal with the yard owner, and told him I would be back for it. About a month later using my trailer and a friends truck the two of us headed for Colorado. We drove straight through. Got out there on a Friday, loaded up Saturday, and headed home Sunday.

I was in the middle of building a shop at my house, so this had to sit and wait for about a year before I really started to work on it.

Here are some pics to get us up to date.

In the yard where I found it

Loaded up and ready for the trip home, took a quick run up Pikes Peak while we were out there.

At home waiting patiently

More to come...
Jthomas is offline   Reply With Quote