The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2017, 08:36 PM   #1
sixnineK5

Carbon monoxide

So I picked up a 69 K5 several years ago. It has been a project from the get-go. I have replaced all of the bushings underneath, rebuilt the front end, tires, shocks, windshield and a bunch of other parts. Has a 250 6cyl and the blazer runs and drives pretty good to be 48 yrs old. Mostly a weekend rig and it sat for a month at a friends house a while back while the brakes were replaced. However, for the last few months I had to go to an oncologist because my blood work was way off. So they kept asking about carbon monoxide poisoning. But the numbers from the blood test were dropping and I thought it was from me running and working out. But this was happening while the blazer was out of commission
while the brakes were being worked on.

So today, I bought a carbon monoxide detector. Put it in several places with no alerts. Cranked up my blazer and let it run for a few minutes. Turned it off and placed the detector inside and Bingo, the alarm goes off.

Anyone else have CO problems in their old rig? Options are either seal up the floor pan around the drivers area, my guess is that is where its coming from or sell it. I really hate to part with it, but I am tired of getting jabbed with needles every few weeks.
sixnineK5 is offline   Reply With Quote