The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2003, 02:58 AM   #26
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

I would request a total refund - shipping both ways included - and ship the damn thing back, he does have you there. But none of that "leave feedback first" bull...
Old 03-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #27
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Here's the auction.....

Cracked Steering Wheel
Old 03-05-2003, 10:56 AM   #28
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

Hey Slammed, if you value your excellent feed back, I would not leave him a negative one. You have just warned a lot of people about him by posting this thread. I would see if he would pay for shipping both ways and give you a full refund and if he does not, them go through the correct channels at Ebay. If he does this 3 times he's out of there anyway!!
Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:28 PM   #29
SWINGSAX68
Now the others dig........

Extortion?!?!?!?.....WTF...is he in the mafia or running for office??? One last word Slammed67,
you have all the right information and you saved all those responses...you should take it up with ebay....SH!T...put a link to this thread too!!! It really looks like win-win for you. If I was presented with info like that on something I know I cheated someone with....man I'd run for the hills.

Word for the wise
Take Slammed67 as an example of how to keep all your ducks in a row concerning purchases on ebay and the internet. I personaly keep as much of my emails as possible and I constantly e-mail either the purchaser or the seller.....just so everything is clear. I just bug people sometimes, and I am not offended when people bug me.
LOOKING FOR A 67 4 DOOR IMPALA!!!Just like Sam and Dean Winchester!! 'Cause Mustangs are for p^**#$ and you can fit a body in the trunk of a 67 Impala
MEMBER OF THE DRUM BRAKE CLUB
Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies Texas State University-San Marcos, TX
Certified Music Educator
I hope Mom is up there watching and being my Guardian Angel

"I've got a fever.....and the only prescription.....IS MORE COW BELL"
-The Legendary: Bruce Dickenson

"F#$@ 'em up!!!!!!"
-The Legendary: Rogelio Escobar

TRUCKY LINKS
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=457750
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=461184
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=472848
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=417541
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=477788
SWINGSAX68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:48 PM   #30
sakohntr

solution

How about you go down into the basement and grab your crappiest wheel and send that one to him. If he is gonna fix one and then turn around and misrepresent it to the tune of 250.00 then it wont matter which one the pissed off customer gets. Then if he does'nt send you a refund your out one crappy wheel. And you can still leave him bad feedback!
1972 C30 longhorn,BB/AT,A/C,Tilt,Toolbox,lokr
1987 K20 Chevrolet Suburban. 6" lift. 5.7L/TH400 1979 K60 GMC Coleman 4x4, 427/Allison.
sakohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:56 PM   #31
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Hmmm that's not a bad idea! Then when he asks why it's a different wheel, I'll just say that it's not a different wheel! (Just like he said there was only one crack).

I think I'll contact eBay first and see what the suggest.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:09 AM   #32
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Here's the latest.....

"Would you refund the total cost including the shipping cost to send it back? Or just the original purchase price? Let me know."

His repsonse......

"If refunding the total cost plus $10.00 to ship it back is the only way to satisfy you, that's what I'll do, because I'm tired of dealing with this. As soon as positive feedback is left, I will pay you $44.00 through Paypal, which means this transaction COST me $20. Do not bid on my auctions again. "

LOL!!! Don't worry.... I won't!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:00 AM   #33
Locutus

I would still alert Ebay to his actions. It is against policy to extort postive feedback out of you. It violates the whole trust in the feedback system. In fact I am sure that is why he only has positive feed back. People need to know that he is a bad person to deal with.
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:14 PM   #34
texnician01

if you go look at his feedback he was the buyer in half of the auctions so he really hasn't done that much business as a seller. I think he's got it in his head that he knows it all and that everybody on this board is stupid. now it sounds like he is aggrivated and defensive cause someone interrupted his perfect world. what a jerk!! I'd tell ebay about his "perfect condition", repaired wheels too. and I'd still leave him negative feedback. see what ebay has to say when you tell them that he is blackmailing you for positive feedback!!! I'd give negative feedback just to let others know weather he refunded the money or not!!!

nathan
05 Harley Night Train
06 1200 Sportster (Wife's bike)
70 Honda CL350

OIF2 & OIF7 Veteran

Nathan & Tiffany
texnician01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:27 PM   #35
gman

Locutus is correct. No way in the world would I provide him positive feedback prior to receiving all my money back. And then I would refuse to leave ANY. You completed your end of the sale and from what it sounds, he is misleading you and others. Many sellers play this game of requiring the buyer to leave feedback first before they (seller) will provide it for the buyer, even though you fullfilled your part of the deal. Hell, my feedback is perfect but I've bought 3 times more items off EBAY than what my feedback states. Sellers have the upper hand.........sorry.....I'm ranting.

You need to make EBAY aware of this guy.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:51 PM   #36
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

I just fired this off to eBay....... We'll see what they say!

"To Whom It May Concern:

I would like your opinion regarding an auction for a 1967-68 Chevy/GMC Steering wheel that I recently won. The item that I received was not as described in the auction. I’ve been going back and forth with the guy via e-mail about it and he insists that the item was as described, despite the photos I sent him proving that it was not. He has offered to refund my money, including shipping, but only if I leave him positive feedback. However I refuse to leave him positive feedback because that would be misleading. This isn’t a money issue for me as the item was only $34 including shipping. It’s an issue of dishonesty and deception. Of course if I leave him negative feedback, he will in turn do the same to me. The following link is for a page I set up that shows the original auction description and photo, every e-mail exchange, and the photos that I sent him. Could you please take a look at the web page and offer me some suggestions on how to deal with this matter. I’d rather not contact him on the phone because I believe it will just turn into a shouting match. His eBay ID is PHISHTRUCK@AOL.COM. I’d also like to know if there have been any other complaints about his auctions. All his feedback is positive and therefore I’m wondering if he has bullied others into leaving positive feedback, or no feedback at all.

Here is the link to the page I created showing my documentation:

http://www.jayspot.com/steeringwheel.htm

(Even someone that doesn’t know about auto parts can plainly see the cracks in the steering wheel that were not disclosed in the item description.)

….and here is the link to the original auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...402690824&rd=1

Thank you for your time,

Jason Seck"
Old 03-06-2003, 01:01 PM   #37
gmc383

you have presented

your side tastefully. Hopefully ebay assists with the matter.
gmc383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #38
junkyardjohn

IT LOOKS TO ME THAT THIS SELLER IS GOING OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY. I'VE BEEN BUYING & SELLING ON EBAY FOR 4 OR 5 YEARS, & HAVE HAD OVER 1000 TRANSACTIONS. YA CAN'T MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY ALL THE TIME. THIS GUY SEEMS TO NOT WANT A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK LEFT FOR HIM, AFTER HE REFUNDS ALL YOUR MONEY, INCLUDING SHIPPING BOTH WAYS. (I CAN HARDLY BLAME HIM FOR THAT) SOUNDS LIKE A POSITIVE ENDING TO ME.IF YOU DON'T WANT IT... SEND IT BACK & GET YOUR REFUND. DON'T LET YOURSELF BECOME FIXATED ON REVENGE FOR A $22 PURCHASE, & MOVE ON. I'VE BEEN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE (BUYER & SELLER) & BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY "EVERYONE INVOLVED IS NOT GOING TO BE 100% HAPPY 100% OF THE TIME" MY ADVISE IS TO BUY ALL OF YOUR USED PARTS AT SWAP MEETS OR SOMEPLACE LIKE THAT WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY PICK UP ,HOLD & INSPECT YOUR POTENTIAL PURCHASES, & QUIT BUYING STUFF OFF THE INTERNET.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 02:07 PM   #39
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

He seems to only be "going out of his way" to avoid negative feedback from me. He could care less how happy I am. Plus the fact that he insists that the steering wheel only has one small crack is just plain ludicrous. Then he makes it seem like I AM the bad guy! I’ve been nothing but polite to him about this. I’ve been f-cked over a couple times in the past couple years involving truck parts. One by Manes Truck Parts and once by board member Bryan Wolf (Yes Brian, you still owe me $60 for the hubcaps that I returned to you!!…… Be a man and pay your debts!!). I think I’m a bit too nice and trusting sometimes with these types of matters. It has nothing to do with the money at this point. He’s a liar and a prick in my opinion. He WILL get negative feedback from me unless eBay suggests otherwise.

Those of you that have met me or conversed by phone or chat know that I'm not a vindictive person. I just think this is a load of crap!

Junkyardjohn, I'm not angry at your reply so please don't take this as such......... I'm just venting a little

Last edited by Slammed67; 03-06-2003 at 02:10 PM.
Slammed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 02:31 PM   #40
junkyardjohn

NAW -- NO OFFENCE INTENDED, OR TAKEN. I'M JUST TRYING TO LOOK AT THIS AS A UNINVOLVED THIRD PARTY. I DON'T KNOW THIS GUY , OR HAVE EVER HAD ANY TRANSACTIONS WITH HIM. ( AT LEAST I DON'T REMEMBER EVER HAVING ANY TRANSACTIONS) I'VE GIVEN OUT A FEW NEGATIVES IN MY TIME , WHEN I FELT THE SELLER OR BUYER WAS COMPLETELY UNCOOPERATIVE ,& IN THE WRONG. I'VE GOT SOMEWHERES NEAR 450 FEEDBACKS (FEEL FREE TO LOOK AT THEM. I GO BY JUNKYARDJOHN1 ON EBAY) THE ONLY TWO NEGATIVES I'VE EVER GOT WERE IN RETALIATION FOR LEAVING NEGATIVES FOR SOMEONE ELSE, SO BE PREPARED TO GET ONE IN RETURN, & YOU CAN BET THIS GUY WILL TRY HIS BEST TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE AN ANAL WHINER. SOMETIMES IT'S JUST WORTH IT, & THEN AGAIN... SOMETIMES IT'S NOT. A GUYS GOTTA DO WHAT HE FEELS IS RIGHT & LIVE WITH THE CONSIQUENSES (SPELLING??)

SOMETIMES YOU RIDE THE ELEVATOR...... SOMETIMES YOU GET THE SHAFT.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote