The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #11
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Woo Hoo! Nice job Vic!!! great progress! my rotating assembly is at the machine shop getting balanced, getting the stroker clearancing done, bore/hone, the works, should have it back Wednesday. I'll be glad to get that portion done. My Brother in law had a medical situation that couldn't be avoided, so I'll have to make a road trip to Sioux City, Iowa to pick up my
700 R4 trans, I would have made some progress this holiday weekend, but my son seen it fit to blow up the engine in his car, so I've been stuck underneath his Grand Prix, changing the engine out....it sounded like all six rods were trying to exit the block.... I found a used 3.8L V6 in St.Joe for $150.00 (couldn't beat that deal anywhere) it has 140K miles on it, the guy I bought it from said the only reason he was selling so cheap was because he had removed a coil pack and sold the computer prior to my purchasing the block. He bought the car (2004 Grand Prix) for the transmission, the car had a minor front end collision.....so, because I couldn't start it, hence the cheap price..... (I pulled the pan just to make sure everything was sound) had to change the upper plenum of the intake, (the
'04 had a drive by wire Throttle Body and the original TB was drive by cable) other than that, everything fit like a glove. I still have two or three hours of work left to do, but mostly exhaust, coolant hoses, spark plug wires,etc....
my uncle was kind enough to allow me the use of his shop and lift to do all the work. Guess I'll be buying him a great Christmas gift this year!

Now, if only my work (and my Son) will refrain from occupying all my spare time, perhaps I can get my truck put back together! Sorry this was so long!
Have a great Day!
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote