The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #76
legotech7

Re: EZ Air bags, anyone familiar?......

Another question for ya if you don't mind. Where is your gas tank? Do you still have it behind the seat, or did you relocate it to the back? And if so, what tank did you use? Mine is in the back under the the floor pan in between the frame rails. The PO relocated it but didn't do such a hot job. He used LMC tank relocation kit, but it sits too low under the frame, so if I plan on using the EZ kit that tank is going to hit the ground. I think I'm going to have to use something else. Any Ideas?

Truck looks great, thanks legotech7........
legotech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #77
lorider

Mines still behind the seat, but a couple questions first. Are you gonna keep the open bed or are you gonna put a topper or wood bed or shallow bed it? If so you can just get a fuel cell and put it on the original bed floor and then having that shallow bed or topper it'll cover it from the weather, or get a fuel cell that's shallower but longer to actually sit inside the frame rails without ground clearance issues
lorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #78
legotech7

Well, I could probably use a fuel cell in the bed, but I think I'd like to use it now and then to haul some light stuff,so My next option is to go with a cell between the frame rails. This is my daily beater. and I like driving the thing. I will be using the EZ kit. Its the best price around.

Thanks for the input........
Old 11-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #79
lorider

No problem. Another option, put the compressor tank and fuel cell all against the bed wall next to the cab and just get creative to make it look good or just box it off so you still have the rest of the bed
lorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #80
legotech7

So its a little later in this thread pertaining to the EZ Ride air bag kit. Has anyone else installed the kit? Just looking for some more feed back.....
Old 03-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #81
still1graphics

I'm getting ready to install another kit next week so I will take pictures an updateS along the way! it usually takes me a day or two to install the full kit.
still1graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #82
legotech7

Thats great, still1graphics, it would be very much appreciated, and if you can also mention if there were any other things you might have had to add on to complete the kit, such as shock relocation kits, pan hard bar or any thing else you can think of..

I'll be doing this to mine soon and I want to cover all the bases and hopefully not leave any thing out, since I would like to do this all in one shot.... Thanks again
Old 05-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #83
jhama78

Quote:
Originally Posted by still1graphics View Post
I'm getting ready to install another kit next week so I will take pictures an updateS along the way! it usually takes me a day or two to install the full kit.
Updates?

'06 3500 LWB CC 4wd, 8.1 Allison
jhama78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #84
legotech7

Still waiting for some updates from still1graphics, on his EZ RIDE Install as well. But moving along with the air ride on my build, I went ahead and purchased the classic kit from EZ air ride , and initially I was impressed with the quality of the kit. Mine has the manual paddle valves. The only issue I had was with the quality oh the air fittings for the bags. The ones for the rear are angled at 90 degrees 1/2'' to 1/4'' and the front ones are straight. I benched tested the fitting on the bags first before installing them on the truck. I had air leaks on all four fitting. They leaked at where you insert the 1/4'' tubing too. I found that pretty odd that they would all leak, and that maybe the tubes weren't in all the way or cut straight. So I cut about a few inches of new tubing and added a shrader valve and made sure they were in all the way and straight... but still they leaked. I called EZ ride and explained what happened and they sent me four new ones to replace with. The guy's name is Steve, and was very understanding. Neither of us could explain why all four fittings would leak like that. I made a video of the one of the fittings leaking attached to one of the bags to show Steve that I wasn't crazy. I believe it could have been a bad batch he could have gotten from one of his suppliers perhaps. Anyway, I'm still waiting for some front end parts I need to order to complete the ride and should be in within the week ahead. Thats my 2 cents so far, stay tuned.....

These were the fittings in question, Ive yet to test the replacements, but I'll post results when I do...... I tried to upload the video here, but it wouldn't let me do it... Don't know why!.......
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2014, 01:28 AM   #85
mcfarlnd

Bringing it back from the dead. Looking at the classic plus kit. Anyone else with insight?
mcfarlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:03 AM   #86
rallentorres

I'm about to order the EZ AIR deluxe kit for my 66 C10 with the notch kit.

I have already upgraded my control arms -1963-72 CHEVY & GMC C10, C15 TRUCK, TUBULAR LOWER CONTROL ARM SET (TCA-L6372)
+
6372TCAUKB 63-87 C10 Upper pair

and my disc brake upgrade on the front end. I'm running 6 lug with 2.5" drop spindles(McGaughy's Front Disc Brake Kits).

Currently I have 15" steel rims but looking to go to 16" or 17" after I finish my bed(shallow, and wood) ,paint, tires and wheels. Most likely will end up with baby moon steelies at 16-17" with extra wide white walls(powder coat the steelies red and black or chrome baby moons(still haven't decided on the baby moons).

Right now my lower control arms are about 2-3 inches off the ground, which is totally unacceptable in Houston. I scrape more than often and turn around sometimes.I've already done power steering, AC, Fuel tank under the bed,replaced the harness, interior redone, Still needs a bit more sound proofing and need to pipe out my exhaust to the back wheels instead of dumping at the back of the cab.

So last call. Anyone up to telling me to not order the deluxe kit from EZ Air?

Pics are from current to when I bought it two years ago

rallentorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #87
legotech7

Nice truck.. ( need to resize your pics ) I Purchased the EZ AIR kit fro my 70 C10... I liked the kit and it was easy to install.. My only complaint were the valves. They kept leaking and had to replace everyone through out the build. I purchased all new valves through a local supplier and the quality was like night and day. No problems since.. Its been almost two years. Make sure you use a locktight liquid thread sealer and not the teflon.. If you do your bound to have leaks.... Good luck and keep posting.....
Old 07-31-2015, 01:53 PM   #88
mcfarlnd

I was going to use the same kit but I was able to shop around and piece my own kit together with better parts and cheaper. Good luck on the build!
Posted via Mobile Device
mcfarlnd is offline   Reply With Quote