The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB BBC)

Haha!! Title pretty much sums it up! - bit of history, bought this truck off ebay about 5 years ago, started on it right away, tore it all down but couldn't find anyone willing to touch the body/paint for less then 20K !! So needless to say it sat for at least 3 years. I was not willing to spend over 20K for bodywork.

So the epic journey begins, I was fed up with it just sitting there with that massive 675hp 496cu.in. mill sitting in the frame rails not even lumping its huge cam once. Time to do something about it, did a few days of research on the forum, read all the FAQ items about bodywork..."hey I can handle this!" (convincing myself) I've got all the tools and space I need, time to hit this project up! and what ever happens... happens!

Clearly as a first timer doing bodywork and paint, this is not gonna be a show winner, but at least I can be proud of it, saying I did absolutely everything myself on this truck!
I am hoping some of you will follow this build, giving me a few suggestions along the way, I will need all the help I can get! My son is turning 0 in June (our first kid too!) so I really wanna push hard and have it ready for his arrival. wow! ambitious guy you are thinking - as its March 1st already! Lucky for me I am a grain farmer, so I have a lot of time which I can donate to it during the off season. Clever me already ordered nearly all the parts I need, so there is nothing holding me back from the build but skills and common sense!

So welcome to my thread!! and please, subscribe and comment, I need all the pointers I can get! <---what I should of said was Painters!

seems normal enough...found out the only thing '67 on this truck was the cab and frame! actually it belonged to a stepside, too bad I found out just recently or I would have bought the right box for it!
Name:  May 2006 005 (Small).jpg
Views: 3723
Size:  74.2 KB
gotta luv the conflicting tail gate! also comes with matching steel floor.
Name:  May 2006 002 (Small).jpg
Views: 3665
Size:  68.8 KB
drool...
Name:  May 2006 006 (Small).jpg
Views: 3729
Size:  109.2 KB
well this is what it is supposed to look similar too, I borrowed this image from another forum member (from Bowtie468) , but how many ways can you skin a cat, right? well I already knew it was gonna look like this 5 years ago, but I am not computer literate enough to change the colour to Galaxy Blue and knock off the side markers.
Name:  Chris01.jpg
Views: 3742
Size:  19.1 KB

Last edited by smoknbarrels; 04-13-2012 at 11:41 AM.
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote