The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Been a few days without progress, but it's been a well-deserved break. Sold the 6-speed that came with the LS1 when I bought it -- have mixed emotions on that as I sold it for less than I think it was truly worth, but on the other hand I didn't have to dicker on price and the guy is arranging his own shipping and that's worth a helluva lot to me. Quick cash in hand is always good.

Hope to be able to pick up the frame on Monday. Have been talking with Jeff @ Classic Performance about swapping the tubular lower A-arms I bought when I was planning the bag setup for my '64/'66 project(s) for a regular pair of them instead and he's cool with it as long as I pay shipping both ways. A small loss of money for me there but better than (1) spending hours prepping and painting my stockers or (2) buying the non-bag ones outright.

Nothing else new since the last update. Summer is ending and twinges of concern are appearing about getting this back together and rolling before snow.

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 08-16-2008 at 05:13 PM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote