The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #11
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 1969 Camaro "Yenko" Clone

I'm going to be following this thread a lot more closely now. I had a serious talk with my pops and he's handing over the keys to his 67 Firebird. It's originally an SC car, but went to NY in the mid 80's. My pops did a nice "home" restoration in the late 80's. The motor blew in the early 90's and life and kids got in the way for my dad to ever finish her again. He has a couple other irons in the fire, including the nice South Carolina '58 Apache shortbed I gave him last year (my very first truck that I started to restore but never actually drove it.)

Sorry to mess up your thread a bit, but I had to share my excitement with my fellow truck nuts. The car isn't great, but it's not a rusty POS either. The front clip was removed in the mid 90's and has been in dry storage ever since. It's gonna need the usual, some floor sections, rockers, lower quarters, etc... but I'm really excited, it's all there except for the drivetrain. I'll have a lot more rust to fix than you, but this car has never had a welder taken to it, so I won't have to deal with some of the mess you had to. This is THE car that got me into "cars." I was around 8 or 9 when my dad was working on it and I have a lot of memories helping dad put it back together and going for rides in it.

The car is in NY, so I hope to get it to SC next summer. These are the only current pics I have, my sister took them, so they kinda suck

Keep up the great work and take lots more pics
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 10-27-2009 at 10:10 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote