The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

69 Pontiac Lemans

This car came with the wife... Our first date she asked me if I wanted to drive it. Marrying her was obviously a no brainer...

It has a cool history.

Her Great Grandmother bought it brand new and it's been in the family ever since. My father in law has had many hot rods over the years and added the GTO hood, Rally II wheels, dual exhaust, mild cam, Edelbrock intake, 4brl, on the original Pontiac 350

Other than that and being repainted do to fender benders its 100% all original and even the interior has never been repaired (drivers side needs new springs its starting to sag which will lead to tears if not replaced soon)

Right now I am just trying to fix all the little things and upgrade as things need to be replaced. Next up is a quick ratio steering box (its leaking pretty bad) 4 wheel disk brakes and some 17" rally IIs (or 18s if I can find something stock looking that looks better so I can run bigger brakes)

I would like to convert to C5 brakes and upgrade the suspension/handling a bit. The springs/shocks need to be replaced. It leans to the side in the rear.

Eventually a LSX motor and 6 speed but for now the Pontiac 350 works fine and the car is fun to drive.

68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote