The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
GASWAGON
AMERICAN IRON ADDICT

Mar-k service???

This is a just a FYI to anyone thinking of buying from Mar-K. I purchased a complete side moulding kit for my 67 CST. I also bought the optional cab paint divider and upper tailgate moulding set. I recieved my parts and I must say they are packaged well. So like the rest of us, I opened up the package and began to check out the shiny new pieces. Everything was great except for the tail gate moulding. They incorrectly sent the one piece moulding for a truck without a handle. So I'm thinking no big deal, I'll call them up and return the part. WRONG!!!!! After spending $700 with them I was told I should just sell it, and order the correct parts. If I wanted to return this $50 dollar piece I would be charged 20% restocking fee, $8.95 administration fee, and be responsible for shipping it back. Also if they got it and it had even a little scratch, they would not issue a credit or return the part. They were kind enough to ask if I wanted to spend some more $ and buy what I ordered and paid for the first time. Sad thing is I predicted I was going to have a problem because the sales rep. was not really familiar with our trucks or there products. I couldn't care less about the $50 its just the attitude they had. I really can't believe they have such poor customer service. I guess it's just another learning lesson along the way, Stay way away from Mar-K !!!!!!!
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.
Re: Mar-k service???

It could be you got a desk jockey that all he does is answer the phone and takes information. I've gotten them before. My suggestion is to send an email to the company and let them know about the problem you had. Also mention that you're a member of 67-72 Chevy Truck forum.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I dont know who you talked to but I have had nothing but stellar service from them..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
longhorn70gmc

WOW,
That is not good to hear something like that coming from a company or small business. Their paper work and their shipping containers state to check the merchandise by a certain time, so they should honor your call and take care of you, because you did it in or under their prescribed time line. My order for bed wood was originally through Brothers, but they subcontracted the sale out to MAR-K. My wood and other stuff I received checked out good except for the 72 gas tank I received, but I decided it will work for my 70. Did you call back and ask to speak to the owner or a manager? I have found out in just about all the parts stores the sales clerks are mostly the worker bees. You know what is funny is I have been a member of this Board since 2001 and have learned a world of knowledge and when I call to order something anymore it seems they always want to question my requests or add there two cents and this always happens on my 70 GMC Longhorn. That is what I am irritated about these days with certain vendors in my area. Anyway, I wish you the best in retrieving your money or suitable replacement part.
R/

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!

Last edited by longhorn70gmc; 05-07-2011 at 12:27 PM.
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I PMd the Mar-k rep about this as well. I am sure they will be able to answer any questions.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
GASWAGON
AMERICAN IRON ADDICT

I spoke to a sales person on Thursday afternoon. She told me she needed to speak to her supervisor and couldn't help me. You would think that I was asking for something completely crazy. Today I received a call back from a woman who claimed to be handling customer service problems. She is the person who told me what I stated earlier. When I asked why this was being handled poorly she said this was there standard policy!!! She said her supervisor instructed her to inform me of there position on the matter. So I tried, but they are no different than any of the other half- ass companies out there. I usually source super clean NOS parts for my builds and my customers projects. I decided to try Mar-K for the first time on my own truck, to determine quality etc. If you check my build thread you will see my work, my customers expect the best, and I work hard to earn and keep there business. I will sell these mouldings and buy a NOS set for my CST. I don't need a to use or reccomend a product from a company like this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
GASWAGON
AMERICAN IRON ADDICT

It's a shame this was moved to a far corner of the board, out of site of most. I think this should be out in the main stream for people to read and make there own decision. Hiding this is only good for Mar-K , and I realize they put food on your table Liz, but remember the right thing to do is the right thing to do regardless.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
Alex Hayley

I am almost ready to order wood and hardware for my bed and this thread has come at a very convenient time. Thanks for the information Gaswagon!
Alex Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASWAGON View Post
It's a shame this was moved to a far corner of the board, out of site of most. I think this should be out in the main stream for people to read and make there own decision. Hiding this is only good for Mar-K , and I realize they put food on your table Liz, but remember the right thing to do is the right thing to do regardless.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow... I understand your upset, but that is just wrong anyway you look at it. The bad deal area is here for just that.. bad deals.. Dude I dunno what else to even say, other than wow nice post..
Old 05-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I know what to say but I dont want a vacation right now.. Imo it was moved to the right area...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device

Man, that is pretty low GASWAGON. Liz is trying to help you out and you step on her toes... .. There is still a reference to the thread on the main board, that is how I got here. I dunno, seems like an apology is in order.

Just my 2¢ worth

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #12
mikie 1954

I agree with LockDoc, I come here to find out about bad deals and would not have seen this anywere else.APOLOGY is needed. THANKS LIZ for everything you do, MIKE.

Last edited by mikie 1954; 05-07-2011 at 12:49 AM.
mikie 1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #13
GASWAGON
AMERICAN IRON ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
I know what to say but I dont want a vacation right now.. Imo it was moved to the right area...
If you don't have the nuts to say it why post anything at all?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #14
GASWAGON
AMERICAN IRON ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Wow... I understand your upset, but that is just wrong anyway you look at it. The bad deal area is here for just that.. bad deals.. Dude I dunno what else to even say, other than wow nice post..
Posted via Mobile Device

Why are you offended? Please explain? What is wrong about what I said? A persons perception is real until proven otherwise. So show me where I'm wrong. Wasn't trying to offend just state how it appears to me. So please correct me.

Last edited by GASWAGON; 05-07-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
GASWAGON
AMERICAN IRON ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hayley View Post
I am almost ready to order wood and hardware for my bed and this thread has come at a very convenient time. Thanks for the information Gaswagon!
No problem, Alex. I use Bruce Horkeys. They have everything you need and I have always had fantastic service and top notch products. go to Horkeyswoodandparts.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

If you have to ask, that in itself speaks volumes. I wish you the best in your issues. I suggest a change of attitude in replies though.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
GASWAGON
AMERICAN IRON ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
If you have to ask, that in itself speaks volumes. I wish you the best in your issues. I suggest a change of attitude in replies though.
My attitude is fine. Go ahead and throw me off the board, I be been here long enough to see that's your policy for anyone who doesn't back down from you.
Your lack of a answer to my questions speaks volumes for your character and only further confirms what I initially stated. So good luck to you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Actually it is not, nor is it to have a pissing match with members in threads... but thanks for your support of the staff.

Have a blessed weekend.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #19
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Quote:
My attitude is fine. Go ahead and throw me off the board, I be been here long enough to see that's your policy for anyone who doesn't back down from you.
Your lack of a answer to my questions speaks volumes for your character and only further confirms what I initially stated. So good luck to you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your attitude is not fine . Why would you think that you are any different that the other people who have had posts in bad deals . This is where they belong.

You should use this area to seek resolution with mar k and not attack the staff .

The ball is in your court .
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #20
bigblock73
yeller

It would be nice if Mar-K responded here, as I'll need wood bed parts for my 75 soon, and would like to know that my order will be handled properly should something like this come up.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Jeff I am sure they will. According to their site, the showroom is open from 7-3. I PMd them the link here after hours on Friday. I would assume they will see it on Monday.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #22
Sillyoldman

There's always two sides to the story. I have had nothing less than exceptional service out of Mar-K in my own dealings. I'd suggest some one-on-one with them. Beating up on the staff here ain't cool either.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #23
GASWAGON
AMERICAN IRON ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
There's always two sides to the story. I have had nothing less than exceptional service out of Mar-K in my own dealings. I'd suggest some one-on-one with them. Beating up on the staff here ain't cool either.
In the begining of the thread you will see I have spoke to them twice. I'm not beating up on anybody, just stating how it appears to me. You guys are beating up on me. Not one of you has had anything of value to add, just joining the herd of sheep and following along. If asking a question is beating up the staff, then I'm sorry for that. And for the record I didn't know this area existed. Maybe instead of just moving something, you should send a PM to the person who started it so they understand why it was moved. Not all of us spend 12 hours a day here so we don't know. Communication is the key. Since it seems I can't communicate effectively at a level some of you can understand, and since I am so offensive I will no longer post any replies here and leave the board. I know this will make your day, and I'm truly sorry and feel bad for you!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #24
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Quote:
Communication is the key.

You guys are beating up on me. Not one of you has had anything of value to add, just joining the herd of sheep and following along.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes Sir ,Communication is the key. This is the way you talked to the people that are here to help ........No it does not make us happy that a member leaves .

I am still at a loss as to why you want to be treated different than everyone else . I hope you have made the best choice for your situation .
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:01 AM   #25
leddzepp

How much time elapsed between you receiving the parts, and you opening up the packages and determining that an incorrect part was sent?

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote