The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
big_moss

51 chevy 3100 5 window build

whats goin on everyone. this is my 3100 5 window build that Im about to start on very soon so I wanted to get my thread started. first off a little back ground on how I ended up with the truck. my grandfather bought it off the original owners family for a 150 bucks. the original owner drove it until 56 the last year it was registered and he apparently had a heart attack and stopped driving it. then a tree fell on it then it wasn't touched again until my grandpa bought it probably 15 years ago. well since hes passed and me having the itch for custom trucks I bought it from my grandma for the same 150 bucks.
so my plans for it are to fix all the cancer on it cab corners, floor, cowl etc. and want to do full air ride and get the running bored flat on the ground as possible. either going to use an s10 front clip and mate it to the stock frame or do a m2 front end depending on the shape of the frame. body wise Im planning on widening the fenders some and getting the back of the rear fender lower to the ground as well. paint im wanting to go with red and black some how not really sure which way I want to go get. wheels will probably be smoothies with baby moons and wide whites.
also planning on doing a full ls swap and a 4l60 trans just for the drivability of it. I want a really clean reliable cruiser. thanks for tagging along and checking out my build im going to name Loretta Lynn
Attached Images

big_moss is offline   Reply With Quote